Veterans from Crystal Dynamics and Visceral open up Space Dust Studios
Former members of such illustrious studios as EA Visceral, Crystal Dynamics, Criterion and Atari are setting up shop in Melbourne, Australia.
Space Dust Studios is an independent studio that is aiming to bring triple-A experience and production values to their games.
Their first game is already in development with a core team of 5 senior developers and is expected to take around 18 months to complete.
A letter to the Australian Interactive Games Fund from Space Dust's Nathan Brown outlined their plans.
The letter read, "In our particular case, our core team consists of 5 senior developers, with collectively over 50 years of AAA local and international development experience (including programming on the recently released Dead Space 3). Our medium scale PC project has a planned 18 month development cycle, and will require significant local staffing resources during production. We also have interest from talented senior developers who are eager to return to Melbourne and join our project."
He continued, "We would benefit immensely from a pre-production 'seed' investment to produce the materials needed to attract the production investment required to complete the project. Our overall production budget will exceed 1 million AUD (inclusive of a professional marketing plan budget)."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer