Warner announces a new studio WB Games San Francisco
Warner Bros has revealed that they are opening up a new studio in the home of the GDC, San Fransisco.
The new studio is to be headed up by Warner's SVP of digital games Greg Ballard and will focus on building high quality social, mobile, free-to-play and browser based games. It will also oversee the publishing of all of Warner's other mobile games as well.
"The Bay Area is the home of social and mobile gaming and WB Games San Francisco is Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's opportunity to expand our game development capabilities into the epicentre of the digital world. San Francisco is a hotbed of local talent and convenient access to major partners, and this will help us achieve our goal to bring our top entertainment and gaming brands, as well as original IP, to multiple mobile, social and emerging platforms," Ballard said of his new studio.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015