Warner announces a new studio WB Games San Francisco
Warner Bros has revealed that they are opening up a new studio in the home of the GDC, San Fransisco.
The new studio is to be headed up by Warner's SVP of digital games Greg Ballard and will focus on building high quality social, mobile, free-to-play and browser based games. It will also oversee the publishing of all of Warner's other mobile games as well.
"The Bay Area is the home of social and mobile gaming and WB Games San Francisco is Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's opportunity to expand our game development capabilities into the epicentre of the digital world. San Francisco is a hotbed of local talent and convenient access to major partners, and this will help us achieve our goal to bring our top entertainment and gaming brands, as well as original IP, to multiple mobile, social and emerging platforms," Ballard said of his new studio.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer