Warner announces a new studio WB Games San Francisco
Warner Bros has revealed that they are opening up a new studio in the home of the GDC, San Fransisco.
The new studio is to be headed up by Warner's SVP of digital games Greg Ballard and will focus on building high quality social, mobile, free-to-play and browser based games. It will also oversee the publishing of all of Warner's other mobile games as well.
"The Bay Area is the home of social and mobile gaming and WB Games San Francisco is Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's opportunity to expand our game development capabilities into the epicentre of the digital world. San Francisco is a hotbed of local talent and convenient access to major partners, and this will help us achieve our goal to bring our top entertainment and gaming brands, as well as original IP, to multiple mobile, social and emerging platforms," Ballard said of his new studio.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3