Not QTEs just "prompts" in Beyond: Two Souls says Cage
David Cage has promised that there will be no quick time events in Beyond: Two Souls.
Cage told a room full of journalists at a crowded press event in Paris to showcase Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream creative director stated, "No more quick-time events. We didn't really have a problem with QTEs in Heavy Rain and I don't think that players who played the game had any problem with that, but we wanted to reconsider the possibility of - instead of saying to the player what they're supposed to do - how could we get rid of this and let players define by themselves, conclude by themselves what they're supposed to do?"
He went on, "We still have a couple of prompts here and there, but no more than in a game like Tomb Raider, Uncharted or God of War, or whatever because all games use some prompts here and there. It's part of what gamers are used to these days, but we use them in very few opportunities, and it's not part of the main interface any more."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light