Not QTEs just "prompts" in Beyond: Two Souls says Cage
David Cage has promised that there will be no quick time events in Beyond: Two Souls.
Cage told a room full of journalists at a crowded press event in Paris to showcase Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream creative director stated, "No more quick-time events. We didn't really have a problem with QTEs in Heavy Rain and I don't think that players who played the game had any problem with that, but we wanted to reconsider the possibility of - instead of saying to the player what they're supposed to do - how could we get rid of this and let players define by themselves, conclude by themselves what they're supposed to do?"
He went on, "We still have a couple of prompts here and there, but no more than in a game like Tomb Raider, Uncharted or God of War, or whatever because all games use some prompts here and there. It's part of what gamers are used to these days, but we use them in very few opportunities, and it's not part of the main interface any more."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year