Not QTEs just "prompts" in Beyond: Two Souls says Cage
David Cage has promised that there will be no quick time events in Beyond: Two Souls.
Cage told a room full of journalists at a crowded press event in Paris to showcase Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream creative director stated, "No more quick-time events. We didn't really have a problem with QTEs in Heavy Rain and I don't think that players who played the game had any problem with that, but we wanted to reconsider the possibility of - instead of saying to the player what they're supposed to do - how could we get rid of this and let players define by themselves, conclude by themselves what they're supposed to do?"
He went on, "We still have a couple of prompts here and there, but no more than in a game like Tomb Raider, Uncharted or God of War, or whatever because all games use some prompts here and there. It's part of what gamers are used to these days, but we use them in very few opportunities, and it's not part of the main interface any more."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today