More rumours point to the new Xbox requiring an always-on internet connection
The latest rumours point once again to an always-on internet connection for the next Xbox.
A new selection of leaked images over on VGLeaks seems to show a hardware overview of the Durango, the new Xbox that states that not only will it require an always-on internet connection, it will "implement different power states so that it can always be powered on".
It goes on "With this 'Always On, Always Connected' design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install updates."
The document also indicates that while Durango will use Blu-Ray discs for distributing games, the games will be installed and played from the console's hard drive and not read directly from the disc.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3