More rumours point to the new Xbox requiring an always-on internet connection
The latest rumours point once again to an always-on internet connection for the next Xbox.
A new selection of leaked images over on VGLeaks seems to show a hardware overview of the Durango, the new Xbox that states that not only will it require an always-on internet connection, it will "implement different power states so that it can always be powered on".
It goes on "With this 'Always On, Always Connected' design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install updates."
The document also indicates that while Durango will use Blu-Ray discs for distributing games, the games will be installed and played from the console's hard drive and not read directly from the disc.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today