More rumours point to the new Xbox requiring an always-on internet connection
The latest rumours point once again to an always-on internet connection for the next Xbox.
A new selection of leaked images over on VGLeaks seems to show a hardware overview of the Durango, the new Xbox that states that not only will it require an always-on internet connection, it will "implement different power states so that it can always be powered on".
It goes on "With this 'Always On, Always Connected' design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install updates."
The document also indicates that while Durango will use Blu-Ray discs for distributing games, the games will be installed and played from the console's hard drive and not read directly from the disc.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave