More rumours point to the new Xbox requiring an always-on internet connection
The latest rumours point once again to an always-on internet connection for the next Xbox.
A new selection of leaked images over on VGLeaks seems to show a hardware overview of the Durango, the new Xbox that states that not only will it require an always-on internet connection, it will "implement different power states so that it can always be powered on".
It goes on "With this 'Always On, Always Connected' design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install updates."
The document also indicates that while Durango will use Blu-Ray discs for distributing games, the games will be installed and played from the console's hard drive and not read directly from the disc.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer