More rumours point to the new Xbox requiring an always-on internet connection
The latest rumours point once again to an always-on internet connection for the next Xbox.
A new selection of leaked images over on VGLeaks seems to show a hardware overview of the Durango, the new Xbox that states that not only will it require an always-on internet connection, it will "implement different power states so that it can always be powered on".
It goes on "With this 'Always On, Always Connected' design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install updates."
The document also indicates that while Durango will use Blu-Ray discs for distributing games, the games will be installed and played from the console's hard drive and not read directly from the disc.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title