New studio Grimm Bros opened by ex-Human Head COO
The former chief operating officer of Prey developer Human Head, Ash Monif, has announced the formation of a new studio.
Grimm Bros will be dedicated to building games based on the Grimm Brothers' classic fairytales in RPG form with the "humor of Monty Python and the darkness of Evil Dead".
Monif explained, "I grew up reading the classics like Grimm, Chaucer, Tolkien - and I feel that today's games gloss over a lot of the richness that can be found within these great works. Our goal is to create classic and immersive RPG and adventure games, set in a persistent world for a community of core gamers."
Grimm Bros will reveal their first game at this year's GDC in San Francisco.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3