New studio Grimm Bros opened by ex-Human Head COO
The former chief operating officer of Prey developer Human Head, Ash Monif, has announced the formation of a new studio.
Grimm Bros will be dedicated to building games based on the Grimm Brothers' classic fairytales in RPG form with the "humor of Monty Python and the darkness of Evil Dead".
Monif explained, "I grew up reading the classics like Grimm, Chaucer, Tolkien - and I feel that today's games gloss over a lot of the richness that can be found within these great works. Our goal is to create classic and immersive RPG and adventure games, set in a persistent world for a community of core gamers."
Grimm Bros will reveal their first game at this year's GDC in San Francisco.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer