Valve opens up the Steam Early Access programme
From today Steam will feature an Early Access programme allowing gamers to play some of their most wanted titles before they're released.
The new Early Access programme picks up on the new trend of offering gamers willing to spend the chance to play alpha and beta builds of games essentially participating in testing for pre-purchasing the finished game.
Badland Studio's Sean Pollman, whose Kinetic Void is one of the first games to appear on Steam Early Access said, "A lot of games are already operating as ongoing services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. Greenlight helped us raise awareness for Kinetic Void, and now Steam Early Access will let us continue the development of our game while gathering crucial feedback, input and support from the steam Community."
Kinetic Void will be joined on Steam Early Access by 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), Arma 3, Drunken Robot Pornography, Gear Up, Gnomoria, Kenshi, Kerbal Space Program, Patterns, Prison Architect, StarForge and Under the Ocean.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3