Valve opens up the Steam Early Access programme
From today Steam will feature an Early Access programme allowing gamers to play some of their most wanted titles before they're released.
The new Early Access programme picks up on the new trend of offering gamers willing to spend the chance to play alpha and beta builds of games essentially participating in testing for pre-purchasing the finished game.
Badland Studio's Sean Pollman, whose Kinetic Void is one of the first games to appear on Steam Early Access said, "A lot of games are already operating as ongoing services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. Greenlight helped us raise awareness for Kinetic Void, and now Steam Early Access will let us continue the development of our game while gathering crucial feedback, input and support from the steam Community."
Kinetic Void will be joined on Steam Early Access by 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), Arma 3, Drunken Robot Pornography, Gear Up, Gnomoria, Kenshi, Kerbal Space Program, Patterns, Prison Architect, StarForge and Under the Ocean.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey