Valve opens up the Steam Early Access programme
From today Steam will feature an Early Access programme allowing gamers to play some of their most wanted titles before they're released.
The new Early Access programme picks up on the new trend of offering gamers willing to spend the chance to play alpha and beta builds of games essentially participating in testing for pre-purchasing the finished game.
Badland Studio's Sean Pollman, whose Kinetic Void is one of the first games to appear on Steam Early Access said, "A lot of games are already operating as ongoing services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. Greenlight helped us raise awareness for Kinetic Void, and now Steam Early Access will let us continue the development of our game while gathering crucial feedback, input and support from the steam Community."
Kinetic Void will be joined on Steam Early Access by 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), Arma 3, Drunken Robot Pornography, Gear Up, Gnomoria, Kenshi, Kerbal Space Program, Patterns, Prison Architect, StarForge and Under the Ocean.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree