Valve opens up the Steam Early Access programme
From today Steam will feature an Early Access programme allowing gamers to play some of their most wanted titles before they're released.
The new Early Access programme picks up on the new trend of offering gamers willing to spend the chance to play alpha and beta builds of games essentially participating in testing for pre-purchasing the finished game.
Badland Studio's Sean Pollman, whose Kinetic Void is one of the first games to appear on Steam Early Access said, "A lot of games are already operating as ongoing services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. Greenlight helped us raise awareness for Kinetic Void, and now Steam Early Access will let us continue the development of our game while gathering crucial feedback, input and support from the steam Community."
Kinetic Void will be joined on Steam Early Access by 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), Arma 3, Drunken Robot Pornography, Gear Up, Gnomoria, Kenshi, Kerbal Space Program, Patterns, Prison Architect, StarForge and Under the Ocean.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer