Rebellion announces Sniper Elite 3 in development
Rebellion has revealed that they have a sequel in the works to Sniper Elite V2.
Sniper Elite 3 will continue to follow elite agent Karl Fairburne's exploits during World War II only this time it will be on next generation hardware as well.
Rebellion boss Jason Kingsley enthused, "We're very excited to be working with 505 Games again on a sequel that will build on the highly successful Sniper Elite V2. We've got some great ideas to improve on what we did before and feedback from fans has been invaluable."
"Sniper Elite V2 was just the beginning of what we want to do with the franchise," he went on, "there are things we didn't have time to do before that we can really look at featuring this time. We want to focus on making this latest incarnation of Sniper Elite more of a sandbox game but also build on the awesome X-Ray Kill Cam and the atmospheric World War II setting. We're looking forward to seeing what Sniper Elite fans and gamers in general make of the latest chapter in the story."
Sniper Elite 3 is in development for current and next generation consoles and PC.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter