Rebellion announces Sniper Elite 3 in development
Rebellion has revealed that they have a sequel in the works to Sniper Elite V2.
Sniper Elite 3 will continue to follow elite agent Karl Fairburne's exploits during World War II only this time it will be on next generation hardware as well.
Rebellion boss Jason Kingsley enthused, "We're very excited to be working with 505 Games again on a sequel that will build on the highly successful Sniper Elite V2. We've got some great ideas to improve on what we did before and feedback from fans has been invaluable."
"Sniper Elite V2 was just the beginning of what we want to do with the franchise," he went on, "there are things we didn't have time to do before that we can really look at featuring this time. We want to focus on making this latest incarnation of Sniper Elite more of a sandbox game but also build on the awesome X-Ray Kill Cam and the atmospheric World War II setting. We're looking forward to seeing what Sniper Elite fans and gamers in general make of the latest chapter in the story."
Sniper Elite 3 is in development for current and next generation consoles and PC.
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back