Rebellion announces Sniper Elite 3 in development
Rebellion has revealed that they have a sequel in the works to Sniper Elite V2.
Sniper Elite 3 will continue to follow elite agent Karl Fairburne's exploits during World War II only this time it will be on next generation hardware as well.
Rebellion boss Jason Kingsley enthused, "We're very excited to be working with 505 Games again on a sequel that will build on the highly successful Sniper Elite V2. We've got some great ideas to improve on what we did before and feedback from fans has been invaluable."
"Sniper Elite V2 was just the beginning of what we want to do with the franchise," he went on, "there are things we didn't have time to do before that we can really look at featuring this time. We want to focus on making this latest incarnation of Sniper Elite more of a sandbox game but also build on the awesome X-Ray Kill Cam and the atmospheric World War II setting. We're looking forward to seeing what Sniper Elite fans and gamers in general make of the latest chapter in the story."
Sniper Elite 3 is in development for current and next generation consoles and PC.
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online