Zattikka working on a free-to-play Warhammer 40K game
Zattikka has revealed that they are working on a free-to-play adaptation of the Warhammer 40K table-top strategy game.
The new game will be based on the massive Titan war machines of Adeptus Mechanicus and offer single-player mutliplayer and social experiences across PC, Mac and tablets.
Mark Opzoomer, CEO of Zattikka enthused, "We are delighted to be working with Games Workshop on such a prestigious and important gaming franchise. Warhammer 40,000 is one of the most globally recognisable science fantasy genres, appealing to a broad cross section of gamers."
"Titans have been around since the early days of Warhammer 40,000 when they first appeared in our 'Adeptus Titanicus' game, and have been a firm fan favourite ever since. Seeing these massive engines of destruction fight it out in an online game is going to be fantastic," added Games Workshop's Jon Gillard.
The new game is due to be launched in 2014 and Zattikka are already sorting out a line-up of DLC maps to follow the game's release.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer