Zattikka working on a free-to-play Warhammer 40K game
Zattikka has revealed that they are working on a free-to-play adaptation of the Warhammer 40K table-top strategy game.
The new game will be based on the massive Titan war machines of Adeptus Mechanicus and offer single-player mutliplayer and social experiences across PC, Mac and tablets.
Mark Opzoomer, CEO of Zattikka enthused, "We are delighted to be working with Games Workshop on such a prestigious and important gaming franchise. Warhammer 40,000 is one of the most globally recognisable science fantasy genres, appealing to a broad cross section of gamers."
"Titans have been around since the early days of Warhammer 40,000 when they first appeared in our 'Adeptus Titanicus' game, and have been a firm fan favourite ever since. Seeing these massive engines of destruction fight it out in an online game is going to be fantastic," added Games Workshop's Jon Gillard.
The new game is due to be launched in 2014 and Zattikka are already sorting out a line-up of DLC maps to follow the game's release.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year