Zattikka working on a free-to-play Warhammer 40K game
Zattikka has revealed that they are working on a free-to-play adaptation of the Warhammer 40K table-top strategy game.
The new game will be based on the massive Titan war machines of Adeptus Mechanicus and offer single-player mutliplayer and social experiences across PC, Mac and tablets.
Mark Opzoomer, CEO of Zattikka enthused, "We are delighted to be working with Games Workshop on such a prestigious and important gaming franchise. Warhammer 40,000 is one of the most globally recognisable science fantasy genres, appealing to a broad cross section of gamers."
"Titans have been around since the early days of Warhammer 40,000 when they first appeared in our 'Adeptus Titanicus' game, and have been a firm fan favourite ever since. Seeing these massive engines of destruction fight it out in an online game is going to be fantastic," added Games Workshop's Jon Gillard.
The new game is due to be launched in 2014 and Zattikka are already sorting out a line-up of DLC maps to follow the game's release.
Thanks Develop Online.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue