Zattikka working on a free-to-play Warhammer 40K game
Zattikka has revealed that they are working on a free-to-play adaptation of the Warhammer 40K table-top strategy game.
The new game will be based on the massive Titan war machines of Adeptus Mechanicus and offer single-player mutliplayer and social experiences across PC, Mac and tablets.
Mark Opzoomer, CEO of Zattikka enthused, "We are delighted to be working with Games Workshop on such a prestigious and important gaming franchise. Warhammer 40,000 is one of the most globally recognisable science fantasy genres, appealing to a broad cross section of gamers."
"Titans have been around since the early days of Warhammer 40,000 when they first appeared in our 'Adeptus Titanicus' game, and have been a firm fan favourite ever since. Seeing these massive engines of destruction fight it out in an online game is going to be fantastic," added Games Workshop's Jon Gillard.
The new game is due to be launched in 2014 and Zattikka are already sorting out a line-up of DLC maps to follow the game's release.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO