Zattikka working on a free-to-play Warhammer 40K game
Zattikka has revealed that they are working on a free-to-play adaptation of the Warhammer 40K table-top strategy game.
The new game will be based on the massive Titan war machines of Adeptus Mechanicus and offer single-player mutliplayer and social experiences across PC, Mac and tablets.
Mark Opzoomer, CEO of Zattikka enthused, "We are delighted to be working with Games Workshop on such a prestigious and important gaming franchise. Warhammer 40,000 is one of the most globally recognisable science fantasy genres, appealing to a broad cross section of gamers."
"Titans have been around since the early days of Warhammer 40,000 when they first appeared in our 'Adeptus Titanicus' game, and have been a firm fan favourite ever since. Seeing these massive engines of destruction fight it out in an online game is going to be fantastic," added Games Workshop's Jon Gillard.
The new game is due to be launched in 2014 and Zattikka are already sorting out a line-up of DLC maps to follow the game's release.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer