Star Wars: First Assault is a precursor to possible Battlefront III and it may never be released
Another Star Wars game that is reported to be in production, Star Wars: First Assault may never see the light of day.
First Assault was to be a 16-player online FPS released digitally to test the waters for an eventual return of the Battlefront series. The game was to pit eight-man teams of Rebels against eight-man Stortrooper squads on famous battlegrounds like Bespin and Tatooine.
Sources close to LucasArts are suggesting that Star Wars: First Assault may have joined the impressive next-gen title Star Wars 1313 in limbo after LucasFilm was bought up by Disney.
The original report over on Kotaku even has some rather excellent-looking screenshots that evoke some of the better memories of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet