Star Wars: First Assault is a precursor to possible Battlefront III and it may never be released
Another Star Wars game that is reported to be in production, Star Wars: First Assault may never see the light of day.
First Assault was to be a 16-player online FPS released digitally to test the waters for an eventual return of the Battlefront series. The game was to pit eight-man teams of Rebels against eight-man Stortrooper squads on famous battlegrounds like Bespin and Tatooine.
Sources close to LucasArts are suggesting that Star Wars: First Assault may have joined the impressive next-gen title Star Wars 1313 in limbo after LucasFilm was bought up by Disney.
The original report over on Kotaku even has some rather excellent-looking screenshots that evoke some of the better memories of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May