Star Wars: First Assault is a precursor to possible Battlefront III and it may never be released
Another Star Wars game that is reported to be in production, Star Wars: First Assault may never see the light of day.
First Assault was to be a 16-player online FPS released digitally to test the waters for an eventual return of the Battlefront series. The game was to pit eight-man teams of Rebels against eight-man Stortrooper squads on famous battlegrounds like Bespin and Tatooine.
Sources close to LucasArts are suggesting that Star Wars: First Assault may have joined the impressive next-gen title Star Wars 1313 in limbo after LucasFilm was bought up by Disney.
The original report over on Kotaku even has some rather excellent-looking screenshots that evoke some of the better memories of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO