Star Wars: First Assault is a precursor to possible Battlefront III and it may never be released
Another Star Wars game that is reported to be in production, Star Wars: First Assault may never see the light of day.
First Assault was to be a 16-player online FPS released digitally to test the waters for an eventual return of the Battlefront series. The game was to pit eight-man teams of Rebels against eight-man Stortrooper squads on famous battlegrounds like Bespin and Tatooine.
Sources close to LucasArts are suggesting that Star Wars: First Assault may have joined the impressive next-gen title Star Wars 1313 in limbo after LucasFilm was bought up by Disney.
The original report over on Kotaku even has some rather excellent-looking screenshots that evoke some of the better memories of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch