Ron Gilbert departs Double Fine
Ron Gilbert, has announced that he is leaving Double Fine now that work on The Cave has finished.
He wrote on his blog that it was now time for him to move on and "plot my next move".
Gilbert added, "I want to thank all the amazing people at Double Fine for all their hard work on The Cave. It was a true pleasure to work with every one of them over the past two years. So much fun. I will miss them all. And of course to Tim for creating the opportunity to come there and make The Cave."
Double Fine boss and former LucasArts colleague of Gilbert's tweeted about his departure saying, "Sad to say [Ron Gilbert] feels like it's time to spread his grumpy wings and fly. Good luck, Ron!"
It shouldn't be too long till we get to play his unique work again as he is working on an iOS side-project with his DeathSpank co-creator called Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG.
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V