Ron Gilbert departs Double Fine
Ron Gilbert, has announced that he is leaving Double Fine now that work on The Cave has finished.
He wrote on his blog that it was now time for him to move on and "plot my next move".
Gilbert added, "I want to thank all the amazing people at Double Fine for all their hard work on The Cave. It was a true pleasure to work with every one of them over the past two years. So much fun. I will miss them all. And of course to Tim for creating the opportunity to come there and make The Cave."
Double Fine boss and former LucasArts colleague of Gilbert's tweeted about his departure saying, "Sad to say [Ron Gilbert] feels like it's time to spread his grumpy wings and fly. Good luck, Ron!"
It shouldn't be too long till we get to play his unique work again as he is working on an iOS side-project with his DeathSpank co-creator called Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey