Ron Gilbert departs Double Fine
Ron Gilbert, has announced that he is leaving Double Fine now that work on The Cave has finished.
He wrote on his blog that it was now time for him to move on and "plot my next move".
Gilbert added, "I want to thank all the amazing people at Double Fine for all their hard work on The Cave. It was a true pleasure to work with every one of them over the past two years. So much fun. I will miss them all. And of course to Tim for creating the opportunity to come there and make The Cave."
Double Fine boss and former LucasArts colleague of Gilbert's tweeted about his departure saying, "Sad to say [Ron Gilbert] feels like it's time to spread his grumpy wings and fly. Good luck, Ron!"
It shouldn't be too long till we get to play his unique work again as he is working on an iOS side-project with his DeathSpank co-creator called Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer