Ron Gilbert departs Double Fine
Ron Gilbert, has announced that he is leaving Double Fine now that work on The Cave has finished.
He wrote on his blog that it was now time for him to move on and "plot my next move".
Gilbert added, "I want to thank all the amazing people at Double Fine for all their hard work on The Cave. It was a true pleasure to work with every one of them over the past two years. So much fun. I will miss them all. And of course to Tim for creating the opportunity to come there and make The Cave."
Double Fine boss and former LucasArts colleague of Gilbert's tweeted about his departure saying, "Sad to say [Ron Gilbert] feels like it's time to spread his grumpy wings and fly. Good luck, Ron!"
It shouldn't be too long till we get to play his unique work again as he is working on an iOS side-project with his DeathSpank co-creator called Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG.
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider