Ron Gilbert departs Double Fine
Ron Gilbert, has announced that he is leaving Double Fine now that work on The Cave has finished.
He wrote on his blog that it was now time for him to move on and "plot my next move".
Gilbert added, "I want to thank all the amazing people at Double Fine for all their hard work on The Cave. It was a true pleasure to work with every one of them over the past two years. So much fun. I will miss them all. And of course to Tim for creating the opportunity to come there and make The Cave."
Double Fine boss and former LucasArts colleague of Gilbert's tweeted about his departure saying, "Sad to say [Ron Gilbert] feels like it's time to spread his grumpy wings and fly. Good luck, Ron!"
It shouldn't be too long till we get to play his unique work again as he is working on an iOS side-project with his DeathSpank co-creator called Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan