Dishonored devs excited to have 8GB of GDDR5 RAM to work with on PS4
Dishonored developers Arkane Studios are really excited at the prospect of working with a console with as much fast memory as the PS4.
When Sony officially announced the console they revealed that the finished units would include a whopping 8GB of lightning GDDR5 RAM which has put a smile on the faces of the team at Arkane.
Lead level designer on Dishonored, Christophe Carrier enthused, "As a level designer we are struggling against memory every day," he enthused. We cut things, we remove things, we strip things, we split the levels, we remove NPCs from levels because there's not enough memory.
"So knowing that memory is something that is going to be improved in the next generation of consoles - to us, it's a joy. It's something that we were waiting for," he continued. "We were PC gamers at the beginning. We love PC games, and we had to make games on consoles. But the main problem was memory. The processors are good, but the memory, for our games, is the most important. So it's great."
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3