Dishonored devs excited to have 8GB of GDDR5 RAM to work with on PS4
Dishonored developers Arkane Studios are really excited at the prospect of working with a console with as much fast memory as the PS4.
When Sony officially announced the console they revealed that the finished units would include a whopping 8GB of lightning GDDR5 RAM which has put a smile on the faces of the team at Arkane.
Lead level designer on Dishonored, Christophe Carrier enthused, "As a level designer we are struggling against memory every day," he enthused. We cut things, we remove things, we strip things, we split the levels, we remove NPCs from levels because there's not enough memory.
"So knowing that memory is something that is going to be improved in the next generation of consoles - to us, it's a joy. It's something that we were waiting for," he continued. "We were PC gamers at the beginning. We love PC games, and we had to make games on consoles. But the main problem was memory. The processors are good, but the memory, for our games, is the most important. So it's great."
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator