Dishonored devs excited to have 8GB of GDDR5 RAM to work with on PS4
Dishonored developers Arkane Studios are really excited at the prospect of working with a console with as much fast memory as the PS4.
When Sony officially announced the console they revealed that the finished units would include a whopping 8GB of lightning GDDR5 RAM which has put a smile on the faces of the team at Arkane.
Lead level designer on Dishonored, Christophe Carrier enthused, "As a level designer we are struggling against memory every day," he enthused. We cut things, we remove things, we strip things, we split the levels, we remove NPCs from levels because there's not enough memory.
"So knowing that memory is something that is going to be improved in the next generation of consoles - to us, it's a joy. It's something that we were waiting for," he continued. "We were PC gamers at the beginning. We love PC games, and we had to make games on consoles. But the main problem was memory. The processors are good, but the memory, for our games, is the most important. So it's great."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone