Dishonored devs excited to have 8GB of GDDR5 RAM to work with on PS4
Dishonored developers Arkane Studios are really excited at the prospect of working with a console with as much fast memory as the PS4.
When Sony officially announced the console they revealed that the finished units would include a whopping 8GB of lightning GDDR5 RAM which has put a smile on the faces of the team at Arkane.
Lead level designer on Dishonored, Christophe Carrier enthused, "As a level designer we are struggling against memory every day," he enthused. We cut things, we remove things, we strip things, we split the levels, we remove NPCs from levels because there's not enough memory.
"So knowing that memory is something that is going to be improved in the next generation of consoles - to us, it's a joy. It's something that we were waiting for," he continued. "We were PC gamers at the beginning. We love PC games, and we had to make games on consoles. But the main problem was memory. The processors are good, but the memory, for our games, is the most important. So it's great."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light