EA promises UK launch of SimCity will go well as US servers struggle to cope with demand
The return of SimCity has not gone as smoothly as EA might have hoped as the US servers have struggled to cope leaving the game unplayable for many.
The trouble with the North American servers for SimCity has caused some concern on this side of the Atlantic as the game's Friday launch approaches. It all seems to stem from that fact that the game requires an internet connection to play.
EA are working on the problems stateside explaining on the official Origin Twitter, "Due to the high demand for SimCity, Origin has experienced delays impacting a small percentage of users. We're working non-stop to resolve."
They have also made a statement assuring UK gamers that they are taking measures to ensure that the UK launch.
They added again on Origin's Twitter account, "We're making changes to prevent further issues and are confident that Origin will be stable for international launches later this week."
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access