Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance DLC to serve as prequels to the main game
Etsu Tamari, the chief story writer behind Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has let fans in on what will be coming in the game's two upcoming packs of downloadable content.
Both packs will serve as prequels to the main game and will tell the stories of Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf before their paths cross with Raiden.
Tamari explained, "We don't directly explain why Sam works with Desperado in the main story so that content goes a little bit more into detail on it. The Blade Wolf substory depicts a mission it's running with Mistral before the encounter with Raiden. Both of them serve as prequels to their roles in the main game."
"I told people that a cyborg needs a canine partner, and I stood really firm on that! I had trouble figuring out what sort of position it would take in the game, and eventually I came up with the idea that Raiden would take over the 'teacher' role for Blade Wolf, the way that Snake was his mentor in MGS2," Tamari added on their reasons for including Blade Wolf in Revengeance.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer