Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance DLC to serve as prequels to the main game
Etsu Tamari, the chief story writer behind Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has let fans in on what will be coming in the game's two upcoming packs of downloadable content.
Both packs will serve as prequels to the main game and will tell the stories of Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf before their paths cross with Raiden.
Tamari explained, "We don't directly explain why Sam works with Desperado in the main story so that content goes a little bit more into detail on it. The Blade Wolf substory depicts a mission it's running with Mistral before the encounter with Raiden. Both of them serve as prequels to their roles in the main game."
"I told people that a cyborg needs a canine partner, and I stood really firm on that! I had trouble figuring out what sort of position it would take in the game, and eventually I came up with the idea that Raiden would take over the 'teacher' role for Blade Wolf, the way that Snake was his mentor in MGS2," Tamari added on their reasons for including Blade Wolf in Revengeance.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone