Garrett will make his return on next-gen in Thief
Yesterday screenshots appeared of the new Thief title which has been in development at Eidos Montreal for next-gen hardware.
Garrett is back in a deeper, more gothic and richer-looking City than ever before and he's up to his old tricks again. Y'know, stealing from the rich and, well, selling it for a tidy profit. And accidentally getting mixed up in some conspiracy that requires him to save the world, begrudgingly.
The City is not without it's problems though as it is beset by an infectious plague and is ruled by a tyrant called The Baron. Yes, this all sounds a bit like Dishonored but remember that Garrett has been doing his thing since Thief: The Dark Project first graced PCs back in 1998.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer