EA refutes Dead Space cancellation claims
EA has responded to the reports yesterday that they had cancelled the Dead Space series due to the underperformance of Dead Space 3.
A report emerged through VideoGamer that not only had EA cancelled pre-production on Dead Space 4, they had closed Visceral's Montreal studios, laying off all the staff in the process.
While this tied in with other reports coming out of the woodwork of EA layoffs in Montreal EA has since come out to refute any claims that Dead Space is dead and gone.
EA's US PR department told Gamasutra the rumours were "patently false" which they then reported on Twitter saying: "Rumors about poor Dead Space 3 sales and an unannounced Dead Space 4 being cancelled are are 'patently false,' EA tells us. Spread the word!"
Since then EA has also released a statement in the UK saying, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA."
Make of that what you will.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year