EA refutes Dead Space cancellation claims
EA has responded to the reports yesterday that they had cancelled the Dead Space series due to the underperformance of Dead Space 3.
A report emerged through VideoGamer that not only had EA cancelled pre-production on Dead Space 4, they had closed Visceral's Montreal studios, laying off all the staff in the process.
While this tied in with other reports coming out of the woodwork of EA layoffs in Montreal EA has since come out to refute any claims that Dead Space is dead and gone.
EA's US PR department told Gamasutra the rumours were "patently false" which they then reported on Twitter saying: "Rumors about poor Dead Space 3 sales and an unannounced Dead Space 4 being cancelled are are 'patently false,' EA tells us. Spread the word!"
Since then EA has also released a statement in the UK saying, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA."
Make of that what you will.
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet