EA refutes Dead Space cancellation claims
EA has responded to the reports yesterday that they had cancelled the Dead Space series due to the underperformance of Dead Space 3.
A report emerged through VideoGamer that not only had EA cancelled pre-production on Dead Space 4, they had closed Visceral's Montreal studios, laying off all the staff in the process.
While this tied in with other reports coming out of the woodwork of EA layoffs in Montreal EA has since come out to refute any claims that Dead Space is dead and gone.
EA's US PR department told Gamasutra the rumours were "patently false" which they then reported on Twitter saying: "Rumors about poor Dead Space 3 sales and an unannounced Dead Space 4 being cancelled are are 'patently false,' EA tells us. Spread the word!"
Since then EA has also released a statement in the UK saying, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA."
Make of that what you will.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet