EA refutes Dead Space cancellation claims
EA has responded to the reports yesterday that they had cancelled the Dead Space series due to the underperformance of Dead Space 3.
A report emerged through VideoGamer that not only had EA cancelled pre-production on Dead Space 4, they had closed Visceral's Montreal studios, laying off all the staff in the process.
While this tied in with other reports coming out of the woodwork of EA layoffs in Montreal EA has since come out to refute any claims that Dead Space is dead and gone.
EA's US PR department told Gamasutra the rumours were "patently false" which they then reported on Twitter saying: "Rumors about poor Dead Space 3 sales and an unannounced Dead Space 4 being cancelled are are 'patently false,' EA tells us. Spread the word!"
Since then EA has also released a statement in the UK saying, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA."
Make of that what you will.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year