EA refutes Dead Space cancellation claims
EA has responded to the reports yesterday that they had cancelled the Dead Space series due to the underperformance of Dead Space 3.
A report emerged through VideoGamer that not only had EA cancelled pre-production on Dead Space 4, they had closed Visceral's Montreal studios, laying off all the staff in the process.
While this tied in with other reports coming out of the woodwork of EA layoffs in Montreal EA has since come out to refute any claims that Dead Space is dead and gone.
EA's US PR department told Gamasutra the rumours were "patently false" which they then reported on Twitter saying: "Rumors about poor Dead Space 3 sales and an unannounced Dead Space 4 being cancelled are are 'patently false,' EA tells us. Spread the word!"
Since then EA has also released a statement in the UK saying, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA."
Make of that what you will.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone