Bungie pushing themselves to the limit to raise the bar again with Destiny
With Halo's runaway success Bungie feels that they need to make Destiny even more of a bar raiser.
The studio's chief operating officer Pete Parsons explained that they believe that Destiny has to be every bit as revolutionary as Halo was and more if they are to be happy with the finished result.
He said, "We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to set the bar higher. We owe it to ourselves, and our fans to stretch our studio to its absolute limit. We constantly challenge ourselves to evolve with technology and entertainment, to do something better than we did before.
"That takes ambition, but it also takes passion, an incredibly talented and inspiring team, and tons of hard work, " he continued. "With Destiny, we're not only building a great action game, but to change the way our fans play Bungie games together. We're building an awesome, hopeful world filled with epic action and adventure. If we do that successfully, we hope players will hold Destiny in the same regard they do all their other beloved entertainment franchises."
Destiny is in development for PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and most probably the next Xbox as well although Bungie have quite emphatically said not to expect the first game in 2013.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat