Bungie pushing themselves to the limit to raise the bar again with Destiny
With Halo's runaway success Bungie feels that they need to make Destiny even more of a bar raiser.
The studio's chief operating officer Pete Parsons explained that they believe that Destiny has to be every bit as revolutionary as Halo was and more if they are to be happy with the finished result.
He said, "We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to set the bar higher. We owe it to ourselves, and our fans to stretch our studio to its absolute limit. We constantly challenge ourselves to evolve with technology and entertainment, to do something better than we did before.
"That takes ambition, but it also takes passion, an incredibly talented and inspiring team, and tons of hard work, " he continued. "With Destiny, we're not only building a great action game, but to change the way our fans play Bungie games together. We're building an awesome, hopeful world filled with epic action and adventure. If we do that successfully, we hope players will hold Destiny in the same regard they do all their other beloved entertainment franchises."
Destiny is in development for PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and most probably the next Xbox as well although Bungie have quite emphatically said not to expect the first game in 2013.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light