EA cancels Dead Space 4 after poor performance of Dead Space 3
EA may have put a halt to pre-production work on Dead Space 4 after the poorer than expected sales of Dead Space 3.
An anonymous source close to the project told VideoGamer that after looking at the sales figures for Dead Space 3 the team at Visceral Montreal doing the pre-production work was told to cease work last month and the studio itself is reported to have been closed by EA.
The source also suggested that development on Dead Space 3 was a bit rocky with Visceral having to ditch the weapon-specific ammunition for generic so that they could add in micro-transactions at the last minute.
Visceral were also instructed to move away from the horror angle to a more action-oriented affair to make the game feel more like Mass Effect.
EA has yet to comment on these reports.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year