EA cancels Dead Space 4 after poor performance of Dead Space 3
EA may have put a halt to pre-production work on Dead Space 4 after the poorer than expected sales of Dead Space 3.
An anonymous source close to the project told VideoGamer that after looking at the sales figures for Dead Space 3 the team at Visceral Montreal doing the pre-production work was told to cease work last month and the studio itself is reported to have been closed by EA.
The source also suggested that development on Dead Space 3 was a bit rocky with Visceral having to ditch the weapon-specific ammunition for generic so that they could add in micro-transactions at the last minute.
Visceral were also instructed to move away from the horror angle to a more action-oriented affair to make the game feel more like Mass Effect.
EA has yet to comment on these reports.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent