EA cancels Dead Space 4 after poor performance of Dead Space 3
EA may have put a halt to pre-production work on Dead Space 4 after the poorer than expected sales of Dead Space 3.
An anonymous source close to the project told VideoGamer that after looking at the sales figures for Dead Space 3 the team at Visceral Montreal doing the pre-production work was told to cease work last month and the studio itself is reported to have been closed by EA.
The source also suggested that development on Dead Space 3 was a bit rocky with Visceral having to ditch the weapon-specific ammunition for generic so that they could add in micro-transactions at the last minute.
Visceral were also instructed to move away from the horror angle to a more action-oriented affair to make the game feel more like Mass Effect.
EA has yet to comment on these reports.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015