EA cancels Dead Space 4 after poor performance of Dead Space 3
EA may have put a halt to pre-production work on Dead Space 4 after the poorer than expected sales of Dead Space 3.
An anonymous source close to the project told VideoGamer that after looking at the sales figures for Dead Space 3 the team at Visceral Montreal doing the pre-production work was told to cease work last month and the studio itself is reported to have been closed by EA.
The source also suggested that development on Dead Space 3 was a bit rocky with Visceral having to ditch the weapon-specific ammunition for generic so that they could add in micro-transactions at the last minute.
Visceral were also instructed to move away from the horror angle to a more action-oriented affair to make the game feel more like Mass Effect.
EA has yet to comment on these reports.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light