EA cancels Dead Space 4 after poor performance of Dead Space 3
EA may have put a halt to pre-production work on Dead Space 4 after the poorer than expected sales of Dead Space 3.
An anonymous source close to the project told VideoGamer that after looking at the sales figures for Dead Space 3 the team at Visceral Montreal doing the pre-production work was told to cease work last month and the studio itself is reported to have been closed by EA.
The source also suggested that development on Dead Space 3 was a bit rocky with Visceral having to ditch the weapon-specific ammunition for generic so that they could add in micro-transactions at the last minute.
Visceral were also instructed to move away from the horror angle to a more action-oriented affair to make the game feel more like Mass Effect.
EA has yet to comment on these reports.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week