EA cancels Dead Space 4 after poor performance of Dead Space 3
EA may have put a halt to pre-production work on Dead Space 4 after the poorer than expected sales of Dead Space 3.
An anonymous source close to the project told VideoGamer that after looking at the sales figures for Dead Space 3 the team at Visceral Montreal doing the pre-production work was told to cease work last month and the studio itself is reported to have been closed by EA.
The source also suggested that development on Dead Space 3 was a bit rocky with Visceral having to ditch the weapon-specific ammunition for generic so that they could add in micro-transactions at the last minute.
Visceral were also instructed to move away from the horror angle to a more action-oriented affair to make the game feel more like Mass Effect.
EA has yet to comment on these reports.
- More details drop on Destiny's upcoming House Of Wolves expansion
- Far Cry 4: Complete Edition is on its way, just not for Xbox One
- Pre-House Of Wolves patch hits Destiny today, won't be activated until a later date
- SEGA will not have a booth at E3 this year
- Hearthstone hits 30 million registered users
- Oculus Rift confirms the VR headset will launch for consumers early in 2016
- Microsoft confirms DirectX 12 will allow PC users to use multiple graphics processors
- First images from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 appear
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow