Dota 2 supplants Skyrim for the most concurrent players on Steam
Dota 2 has claimed the mantle of the most played game of all time on Steam.
The previous record-holder was Skyrim shortly after it's release in November 2011 with 287,411 concurrent players on Steam.
Dota 2, while still in beta, has seen player numbers on the rise slowly since it launched, again back in November of 2011 until around 4am GMT on Sunday morning when it peaked at 297,010 concurrent players toppling Skyrim from its throne.
Skyrim's peak for this month was a bit more conservative at 44,037 concurrent players.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny