Dota 2 supplants Skyrim for the most concurrent players on Steam
Dota 2 has claimed the mantle of the most played game of all time on Steam.
The previous record-holder was Skyrim shortly after it's release in November 2011 with 287,411 concurrent players on Steam.
Dota 2, while still in beta, has seen player numbers on the rise slowly since it launched, again back in November of 2011 until around 4am GMT on Sunday morning when it peaked at 297,010 concurrent players toppling Skyrim from its throne.
Skyrim's peak for this month was a bit more conservative at 44,037 concurrent players.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey