Dota 2 supplants Skyrim for the most concurrent players on Steam
Dota 2 has claimed the mantle of the most played game of all time on Steam.
The previous record-holder was Skyrim shortly after it's release in November 2011 with 287,411 concurrent players on Steam.
Dota 2, while still in beta, has seen player numbers on the rise slowly since it launched, again back in November of 2011 until around 4am GMT on Sunday morning when it peaked at 297,010 concurrent players toppling Skyrim from its throne.
Skyrim's peak for this month was a bit more conservative at 44,037 concurrent players.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light