Dota 2 supplants Skyrim for the most concurrent players on Steam
Dota 2 has claimed the mantle of the most played game of all time on Steam.
The previous record-holder was Skyrim shortly after it's release in November 2011 with 287,411 concurrent players on Steam.
Dota 2, while still in beta, has seen player numbers on the rise slowly since it launched, again back in November of 2011 until around 4am GMT on Sunday morning when it peaked at 297,010 concurrent players toppling Skyrim from its throne.
Skyrim's peak for this month was a bit more conservative at 44,037 concurrent players.
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon