Dota 2 supplants Skyrim for the most concurrent players on Steam
Dota 2 has claimed the mantle of the most played game of all time on Steam.
The previous record-holder was Skyrim shortly after it's release in November 2011 with 287,411 concurrent players on Steam.
Dota 2, while still in beta, has seen player numbers on the rise slowly since it launched, again back in November of 2011 until around 4am GMT on Sunday morning when it peaked at 297,010 concurrent players toppling Skyrim from its throne.
Skyrim's peak for this month was a bit more conservative at 44,037 concurrent players.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below