Jason West has left Respawn Entertainment
Call Of Duty co-creator Jason West has apparently left Respawn Entertainment.
The former Infinity Ward boss has left his new studio possibly as long ago as last May 2012 due to "family issues".
West founded Respawn with his fellow Infinity Ward founder Vince Zampella after their highly-publicised departure from the Call Of Duty studio and subsequent court battle with Activision.
Zampella said on West's departure in an official statement, "Jason has left Respawn to take care of some family issues. We have worked together on some amazing accomplishments over the years, starting with an early Segasoft project that never shipped. It is sad to see things come to an end, but there are times when change is best for growth, both personally and professionally."
"I wish Jason the best and send my best wishes to his family," he continued. "Respawn continues to amaze me, the team here is resilient and talented. E3 will be therapeutic for us, as we finally get to start showing our work again. I know the team was excited about the response we got from just admitting we were going to attend."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer