Jason West has left Respawn Entertainment
Call Of Duty co-creator Jason West has apparently left Respawn Entertainment.
The former Infinity Ward boss has left his new studio possibly as long ago as last May 2012 due to "family issues".
West founded Respawn with his fellow Infinity Ward founder Vince Zampella after their highly-publicised departure from the Call Of Duty studio and subsequent court battle with Activision.
Zampella said on West's departure in an official statement, "Jason has left Respawn to take care of some family issues. We have worked together on some amazing accomplishments over the years, starting with an early Segasoft project that never shipped. It is sad to see things come to an end, but there are times when change is best for growth, both personally and professionally."
"I wish Jason the best and send my best wishes to his family," he continued. "Respawn continues to amaze me, the team here is resilient and talented. E3 will be therapeutic for us, as we finally get to start showing our work again. I know the team was excited about the response we got from just admitting we were going to attend."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3