Jason West has left Respawn Entertainment
Call Of Duty co-creator Jason West has apparently left Respawn Entertainment.
The former Infinity Ward boss has left his new studio possibly as long ago as last May 2012 due to "family issues".
West founded Respawn with his fellow Infinity Ward founder Vince Zampella after their highly-publicised departure from the Call Of Duty studio and subsequent court battle with Activision.
Zampella said on West's departure in an official statement, "Jason has left Respawn to take care of some family issues. We have worked together on some amazing accomplishments over the years, starting with an early Segasoft project that never shipped. It is sad to see things come to an end, but there are times when change is best for growth, both personally and professionally."
"I wish Jason the best and send my best wishes to his family," he continued. "Respawn continues to amaze me, the team here is resilient and talented. E3 will be therapeutic for us, as we finally get to start showing our work again. I know the team was excited about the response we got from just admitting we were going to attend."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year