Jason West has left Respawn Entertainment
Call Of Duty co-creator Jason West has apparently left Respawn Entertainment.
The former Infinity Ward boss has left his new studio possibly as long ago as last May 2012 due to "family issues".
West founded Respawn with his fellow Infinity Ward founder Vince Zampella after their highly-publicised departure from the Call Of Duty studio and subsequent court battle with Activision.
Zampella said on West's departure in an official statement, "Jason has left Respawn to take care of some family issues. We have worked together on some amazing accomplishments over the years, starting with an early Segasoft project that never shipped. It is sad to see things come to an end, but there are times when change is best for growth, both personally and professionally."
"I wish Jason the best and send my best wishes to his family," he continued. "Respawn continues to amaze me, the team here is resilient and talented. E3 will be therapeutic for us, as we finally get to start showing our work again. I know the team was excited about the response we got from just admitting we were going to attend."
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015