Has Star Wars 1313 been shelved by LucasArts?
It appears that LucasArts' ambitious-looking title Star Wars 1313 may be on hold after Disney acquired George Lucas' empire.
Three separate (anonymous) sources close to LucasArts are development on the mature-themed 1313 has been put on hold in favour of concentrating on content that complements the JJ Abrams-helmed Star Wars Episode VII movie.
LucasArts released a short statement on the game saying, "LucasArts has been working diligently to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities that the new Star Wars movies present. Star Wars 1313 continues production."
The game has a had a fairly tumultuous time of it beginning its life as a Knights Of The Old Republic-style open world RPG tying in with a proposed TV series exploring the darkly criminal underworld of Coruscant.
The game changed to a more action-style game when the TV show was cancelled and George Lucas gave some feedback on the game saying that it should answer questions like "Who is Boba Fett?", "Why was Han working for Jabba?" and "Who were the Bothan spies?"
From that point on it began to evolve nicely into the game that was shown off at E3 2012 and generated a positive buzz around it including raising questions about whether it would be a next-gen title.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny