More freedom with an new IP on the PS4 than with Street Fighter or Resident Evil says Capcom
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has been talking about their choice to reveal a new IP for the PS4 rather than work on one of their established series.
Ono-san explained that building a new title like Deep Down gives them more freedom to explore and make use of the capabilities and services of the PlayStation 4.
He said, "We wanted to be free to utilise the PS4's hardware capabilities and unique services without the constraints of working within an existing IP."
"Of course," the Street Fighter creator went on, "the development experience we gain will put us in an even better position to bring our existing series to the console in a way that takes full advantage of its hardware and services."
- BioShock hits iPhone and iPad devices today
- Shadow Warrior next-gen release pushed back
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta