More freedom with an new IP on the PS4 than with Street Fighter or Resident Evil says Capcom
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has been talking about their choice to reveal a new IP for the PS4 rather than work on one of their established series.
Ono-san explained that building a new title like Deep Down gives them more freedom to explore and make use of the capabilities and services of the PlayStation 4.
He said, "We wanted to be free to utilise the PS4's hardware capabilities and unique services without the constraints of working within an existing IP."
"Of course," the Street Fighter creator went on, "the development experience we gain will put us in an even better position to bring our existing series to the console in a way that takes full advantage of its hardware and services."
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3
- Dontnod's episodic mystery Life Is Strange gets are release date
- Storm Island DLC arrives for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One
- GTA Online Heists update gets a new trailer and a release window