More freedom with an new IP on the PS4 than with Street Fighter or Resident Evil says Capcom
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has been talking about their choice to reveal a new IP for the PS4 rather than work on one of their established series.
Ono-san explained that building a new title like Deep Down gives them more freedom to explore and make use of the capabilities and services of the PlayStation 4.
He said, "We wanted to be free to utilise the PS4's hardware capabilities and unique services without the constraints of working within an existing IP."
"Of course," the Street Fighter creator went on, "the development experience we gain will put us in an even better position to bring our existing series to the console in a way that takes full advantage of its hardware and services."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch