More freedom with an new IP on the PS4 than with Street Fighter or Resident Evil says Capcom
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has been talking about their choice to reveal a new IP for the PS4 rather than work on one of their established series.
Ono-san explained that building a new title like Deep Down gives them more freedom to explore and make use of the capabilities and services of the PlayStation 4.
He said, "We wanted to be free to utilise the PS4's hardware capabilities and unique services without the constraints of working within an existing IP."
"Of course," the Street Fighter creator went on, "the development experience we gain will put us in an even better position to bring our existing series to the console in a way that takes full advantage of its hardware and services."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3