More freedom with an new IP on the PS4 than with Street Fighter or Resident Evil says Capcom
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has been talking about their choice to reveal a new IP for the PS4 rather than work on one of their established series.
Ono-san explained that building a new title like Deep Down gives them more freedom to explore and make use of the capabilities and services of the PlayStation 4.
He said, "We wanted to be free to utilise the PS4's hardware capabilities and unique services without the constraints of working within an existing IP."
"Of course," the Street Fighter creator went on, "the development experience we gain will put us in an even better position to bring our existing series to the console in a way that takes full advantage of its hardware and services."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title