More details of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt emerge, three different endings to the game
The first proper details of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have emerged including several crucial gameplay details.
The play time fro The Witcher 3 is averaging out at around 50 hours resulting in one of 36 different world states. Depending on the world state will then trigger one of three hour-long epilogue chapters giving what seems like a very personalised ending to Geralt's story.
They've revamped Geralt's spells with Axii now allowing him to tame wild horses to ride. Ignii now allows Geralt to fire constant gouts of flame that will burn his surroundings as well as his enemies.
There's a day-night cycle as well as weather cycles which influence when you can access different areas and find different beasts to hunt. In a Fable-style twist Geralt's behaviour will influence how the NPC will perceive him with the townsfolk reporting him to the guards if they catch him doing something illegal.
The level cap will be 60 and while now only yields resources there is plenty of XP to be gained from completing quests and side-quests. Geralt is now also gifted with the ability to jump and to target different body parts during combat.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been confirmed for release on the PS4 and PC some time next year but we can probably expect to add at least the new Xbox to that list as well once Microsoft announce it.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May