Rumour indicates new Xbox to be powered by 8 64-bit cores
The latest rumour surrounding the next Xbox (Durango) have indicated that its CPU will be strikingly similar to what Sony have announced is powering the PS4.
The latest report indicates that Durango will be powered by a CPU with two separate modules, each housing four 64-bit cores.
It also states that each core is a single-thread core with a clock speed of 1.6GHz.
While this seems quite detailed is echoes the specifications Sony has released for the CPU component of the PS4's APU which again is powered by eight 64-bit cores.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015