Rumour indicates new Xbox to be powered by 8 64-bit cores
The latest rumour surrounding the next Xbox (Durango) have indicated that its CPU will be strikingly similar to what Sony have announced is powering the PS4.
The latest report indicates that Durango will be powered by a CPU with two separate modules, each housing four 64-bit cores.
It also states that each core is a single-thread core with a clock speed of 1.6GHz.
While this seems quite detailed is echoes the specifications Sony has released for the CPU component of the PS4's APU which again is powered by eight 64-bit cores.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny