Rumour indicates new Xbox to be powered by 8 64-bit cores
The latest rumour surrounding the next Xbox (Durango) have indicated that its CPU will be strikingly similar to what Sony have announced is powering the PS4.
The latest report indicates that Durango will be powered by a CPU with two separate modules, each housing four 64-bit cores.
It also states that each core is a single-thread core with a clock speed of 1.6GHz.
While this seems quite detailed is echoes the specifications Sony has released for the CPU component of the PS4's APU which again is powered by eight 64-bit cores.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3