PS4 is wisely-engineered says John Carmack
Game engine guru and co-founder of id Software John Carmack seems to be pretty impressed with Sony's next generation of home hardware.
Carmack described the new x86-based PS4 as a wise bit of engineering although NDAs still prohibit him from discussing it at any great depth.
He explained over Twitter, "I can't speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices."
He also seems to think that there won't be too much difference in power between the PS4 and Microsoft's new console in real terms. He told GI.biz, "Sony and Microsoft are going to fight over gigaflops and teraflops and GPUs and all this. In the end, it won't make that much difference."
Thanks Develop Online.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit