PS4 is wisely-engineered says John Carmack
Game engine guru and co-founder of id Software John Carmack seems to be pretty impressed with Sony's next generation of home hardware.
Carmack described the new x86-based PS4 as a wise bit of engineering although NDAs still prohibit him from discussing it at any great depth.
He explained over Twitter, "I can't speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices."
He also seems to think that there won't be too much difference in power between the PS4 and Microsoft's new console in real terms. He told GI.biz, "Sony and Microsoft are going to fight over gigaflops and teraflops and GPUs and all this. In the end, it won't make that much difference."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year