PS4 is wisely-engineered says John Carmack
Game engine guru and co-founder of id Software John Carmack seems to be pretty impressed with Sony's next generation of home hardware.
Carmack described the new x86-based PS4 as a wise bit of engineering although NDAs still prohibit him from discussing it at any great depth.
He explained over Twitter, "I can't speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices."
He also seems to think that there won't be too much difference in power between the PS4 and Microsoft's new console in real terms. He told GI.biz, "Sony and Microsoft are going to fight over gigaflops and teraflops and GPUs and all this. In the end, it won't make that much difference."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May