PS4 is wisely-engineered says John Carmack
Game engine guru and co-founder of id Software John Carmack seems to be pretty impressed with Sony's next generation of home hardware.
Carmack described the new x86-based PS4 as a wise bit of engineering although NDAs still prohibit him from discussing it at any great depth.
He explained over Twitter, "I can't speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices."
He also seems to think that there won't be too much difference in power between the PS4 and Microsoft's new console in real terms. He told GI.biz, "Sony and Microsoft are going to fight over gigaflops and teraflops and GPUs and all this. In the end, it won't make that much difference."
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light