PS4 is wisely-engineered says John Carmack
Game engine guru and co-founder of id Software John Carmack seems to be pretty impressed with Sony's next generation of home hardware.
Carmack described the new x86-based PS4 as a wise bit of engineering although NDAs still prohibit him from discussing it at any great depth.
He explained over Twitter, "I can't speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices."
He also seems to think that there won't be too much difference in power between the PS4 and Microsoft's new console in real terms. He told GI.biz, "Sony and Microsoft are going to fight over gigaflops and teraflops and GPUs and all this. In the end, it won't make that much difference."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny