Bleszinski: Signing The Witness for the PS4 was a good move for Sony
Gears Of War creator Cliff Bleszinski is excited about the possibilities that the PS4 holds and praised Sony for signing Braid developer Jonathan Blow's new title as a timed exclusive.
Writing in his Tumblr Bleszinski was particularly impressed with Sony signing The Witness saying, "Signing Jon Blow's The Witness was a stroke of genius to show that Sony doesn't just care about guns, cars, and explosions. Jon's on his own level design wise and I'm looking forward to his new project. It feels fresh and new and exciting."
Bleszinski was also interested in the new 'Share' function stating he believed it was step in the right direction and definitely the kind of gimmick that could get gamers in the door.
He wrote, "If the hardware is great and the system sound then the biggest deciding factor will be how much each console creator allows the community to take over in an organic fashion. It sounds like the Sharing feature is a great step. The next one? Indie games, mods, user levels...you know, the things that the PC is so darned good at.
"I joke that the amount of people I know in the restaurant business these days is 'too damned high' but one of many things I've learned from them is that if you have to resort to gimmicks to get people in the door then you're halfway done already," he concluded.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer