Bleszinski: Signing The Witness for the PS4 was a good move for Sony
Gears Of War creator Cliff Bleszinski is excited about the possibilities that the PS4 holds and praised Sony for signing Braid developer Jonathan Blow's new title as a timed exclusive.
Writing in his Tumblr Bleszinski was particularly impressed with Sony signing The Witness saying, "Signing Jon Blow's The Witness was a stroke of genius to show that Sony doesn't just care about guns, cars, and explosions. Jon's on his own level design wise and I'm looking forward to his new project. It feels fresh and new and exciting."
Bleszinski was also interested in the new 'Share' function stating he believed it was step in the right direction and definitely the kind of gimmick that could get gamers in the door.
He wrote, "If the hardware is great and the system sound then the biggest deciding factor will be how much each console creator allows the community to take over in an organic fashion. It sounds like the Sharing feature is a great step. The next one? Indie games, mods, user levels...you know, the things that the PC is so darned good at.
"I joke that the amount of people I know in the restaurant business these days is 'too damned high' but one of many things I've learned from them is that if you have to resort to gimmicks to get people in the door then you're halfway done already," he concluded.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone