Mark Cerny reveals his contribution to the PS4 line-up, a platformer called Knack
As well as being lead system architect for the PS4 Mark Cerny has also been working on a new game for the machine called Knack.
Knack is an 3D platform adventure that follows a creature called Knack (surprise, surprise) that is capable of incorporating relics into his form to allow him to transform from a cute three-foot tall fellow into a "giant wrecking machine" or adopt the characteristics of elements like fire and ice to give him new abilities.
Naturally Knack has to use his unique abilities in order to save the world from an army of evil goblins and an even greater threat from a militant faction within the humans themselves.
Knack is being built using all of the experience that Cerny has gained over the years from working on games like Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter and Ratchet And Clank and, from the reveal trailer, it looks like it could be a pretty entertaining proposition.
Thanks PlayStation Blog Europe.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free