Mark Cerny reveals his contribution to the PS4 line-up, a platformer called Knack
As well as being lead system architect for the PS4 Mark Cerny has also been working on a new game for the machine called Knack.
Knack is an 3D platform adventure that follows a creature called Knack (surprise, surprise) that is capable of incorporating relics into his form to allow him to transform from a cute three-foot tall fellow into a "giant wrecking machine" or adopt the characteristics of elements like fire and ice to give him new abilities.
Naturally Knack has to use his unique abilities in order to save the world from an army of evil goblins and an even greater threat from a militant faction within the humans themselves.
Knack is being built using all of the experience that Cerny has gained over the years from working on games like Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter and Ratchet And Clank and, from the reveal trailer, it looks like it could be a pretty entertaining proposition.
Thanks PlayStation Blog Europe.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III