Mark Cerny reveals his contribution to the PS4 line-up, a platformer called Knack
As well as being lead system architect for the PS4 Mark Cerny has also been working on a new game for the machine called Knack.
Knack is an 3D platform adventure that follows a creature called Knack (surprise, surprise) that is capable of incorporating relics into his form to allow him to transform from a cute three-foot tall fellow into a "giant wrecking machine" or adopt the characteristics of elements like fire and ice to give him new abilities.
Naturally Knack has to use his unique abilities in order to save the world from an army of evil goblins and an even greater threat from a militant faction within the humans themselves.
Knack is being built using all of the experience that Cerny has gained over the years from working on games like Crash Bandicoot, Jak And Daxter and Ratchet And Clank and, from the reveal trailer, it looks like it could be a pretty entertaining proposition.
Thanks PlayStation Blog Europe.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto