The Witcher 3 confirmed for PS4
CD Projekt Red has confirmed that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be appearing on the PlayStation 4.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was revealed for PC and other high-end platforms at the beginning of this month and it was almost a forgone conclusion that the PS4 would be one of them.
Adam Badowski studio head and CD Projekt Red spoke of the opportunity to release a title early on in the life of the PS4, "We were thrilled when asked, several months ago, to be one of the developers who were granted early access to the PlayStation 4. It was an exciting moment to be invited to be in the company of other legendary developers like Bethesda, EA, LucasArts, Ubisoft or Activision as one of the teams working on titles shipping early in the PlayStation 4's lifecycle."
"Of course," Badowski continued, "we couldn't reveal any specifics about this to our fans, even though many journalists and forum members asked about when and how The Witcher might show up on Sony's console. After yesterday's PlayStation Meeting we can finally promise: The Witcher 3 is coming to the PlayStation 4."
"The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great. We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house RedEngine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display. The console is fresh and has some innovative solutions that we're looking forward to using in our game," he added.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be out on PC, PS4 and other high-end platforms simultaneously some time in 2013.
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game