The Witcher 3 confirmed for PS4
CD Projekt Red has confirmed that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be appearing on the PlayStation 4.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was revealed for PC and other high-end platforms at the beginning of this month and it was almost a forgone conclusion that the PS4 would be one of them.
Adam Badowski studio head and CD Projekt Red spoke of the opportunity to release a title early on in the life of the PS4, "We were thrilled when asked, several months ago, to be one of the developers who were granted early access to the PlayStation 4. It was an exciting moment to be invited to be in the company of other legendary developers like Bethesda, EA, LucasArts, Ubisoft or Activision as one of the teams working on titles shipping early in the PlayStation 4's lifecycle."
"Of course," Badowski continued, "we couldn't reveal any specifics about this to our fans, even though many journalists and forum members asked about when and how The Witcher might show up on Sony's console. After yesterday's PlayStation Meeting we can finally promise: The Witcher 3 is coming to the PlayStation 4."
"The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great. We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house RedEngine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display. The console is fresh and has some innovative solutions that we're looking forward to using in our game," he added.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be out on PC, PS4 and other high-end platforms simultaneously some time in 2013.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer