The Witcher 3 confirmed for PS4
CD Projekt Red has confirmed that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be appearing on the PlayStation 4.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was revealed for PC and other high-end platforms at the beginning of this month and it was almost a forgone conclusion that the PS4 would be one of them.
Adam Badowski studio head and CD Projekt Red spoke of the opportunity to release a title early on in the life of the PS4, "We were thrilled when asked, several months ago, to be one of the developers who were granted early access to the PlayStation 4. It was an exciting moment to be invited to be in the company of other legendary developers like Bethesda, EA, LucasArts, Ubisoft or Activision as one of the teams working on titles shipping early in the PlayStation 4's lifecycle."
"Of course," Badowski continued, "we couldn't reveal any specifics about this to our fans, even though many journalists and forum members asked about when and how The Witcher might show up on Sony's console. After yesterday's PlayStation Meeting we can finally promise: The Witcher 3 is coming to the PlayStation 4."
"The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great. We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house RedEngine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display. The console is fresh and has some innovative solutions that we're looking forward to using in our game," he added.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be out on PC, PS4 and other high-end platforms simultaneously some time in 2013.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3