Arma 3 to be a Steam exclusive
Bohemia Interactive has announced that the latest entry in their Arma combat simulation series will be a Steam exclusive.
The project lead Joris-Jan van t'Land explained at length on Bohemia's blog that, due to technical issues, making Arma 3 a Steam exclusive was the only way to ensure that they could release the game before the end of 2013.
Marek Spanel, Bohemia's CEO and co-founder added, "As an independent developer, we're constantly evaluating the way we develop, distribute and publish games. Valve made tremendous improvements to their system, which made the installation/update process much more user-friendly - for both developers and customers."
"We realize that some people may find it difficult to migrate to a new platform," he conceded, "especially if they were used to purchasing and playing our games without any external third-party application. We have evaluated the pros and cons, but in the end Steam enables us to release Arma 3, brings massive advantages to the game, and improves the end-user experience. Not to forget, the majority of our players already come from Steam."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer