Arma 3 to be a Steam exclusive
Bohemia Interactive has announced that the latest entry in their Arma combat simulation series will be a Steam exclusive.
The project lead Joris-Jan van t'Land explained at length on Bohemia's blog that, due to technical issues, making Arma 3 a Steam exclusive was the only way to ensure that they could release the game before the end of 2013.
Marek Spanel, Bohemia's CEO and co-founder added, "As an independent developer, we're constantly evaluating the way we develop, distribute and publish games. Valve made tremendous improvements to their system, which made the installation/update process much more user-friendly - for both developers and customers."
"We realize that some people may find it difficult to migrate to a new platform," he conceded, "especially if they were used to purchasing and playing our games without any external third-party application. We have evaluated the pros and cons, but in the end Steam enables us to release Arma 3, brings massive advantages to the game, and improves the end-user experience. Not to forget, the majority of our players already come from Steam."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone