Specs released for the PS4
Sony has released the technical specs for the PlayStation 4 as it stands just now.
It will be powered by an x86 AMD APU featuring a CPU with 8 64-bit cores and a 1.84 teraflop next-gen Radeon GPU. It will be supported by 8GB of top-of-the-line GDDR5 RAM.
There will be a built-in hard drive as well as a 6x Blu-Ray Drive that will support DVDs as well. It will also use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard as well.
Finally the PS4 will sport Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Blutooth 2.1 (EDR). Outputs will be handled by HDMI, an analog-AV out and a Digital Optical output as well.
Sony did not that the specifications are subject to change but it is unlikely that the main core of these will change significantly between now and the console's launch this Christmas.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year