Specs released for the PS4
Sony has released the technical specs for the PlayStation 4 as it stands just now.
It will be powered by an x86 AMD APU featuring a CPU with 8 64-bit cores and a 1.84 teraflop next-gen Radeon GPU. It will be supported by 8GB of top-of-the-line GDDR5 RAM.
There will be a built-in hard drive as well as a 6x Blu-Ray Drive that will support DVDs as well. It will also use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard as well.
Finally the PS4 will sport Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Blutooth 2.1 (EDR). Outputs will be handled by HDMI, an analog-AV out and a Digital Optical output as well.
Sony did not that the specifications are subject to change but it is unlikely that the main core of these will change significantly between now and the console's launch this Christmas.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title