Specs released for the PS4
Sony has released the technical specs for the PlayStation 4 as it stands just now.
It will be powered by an x86 AMD APU featuring a CPU with 8 64-bit cores and a 1.84 teraflop next-gen Radeon GPU. It will be supported by 8GB of top-of-the-line GDDR5 RAM.
There will be a built-in hard drive as well as a 6x Blu-Ray Drive that will support DVDs as well. It will also use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard as well.
Finally the PS4 will sport Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Blutooth 2.1 (EDR). Outputs will be handled by HDMI, an analog-AV out and a Digital Optical output as well.
Sony did not that the specifications are subject to change but it is unlikely that the main core of these will change significantly between now and the console's launch this Christmas.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today