Specs released for the PS4
Sony has released the technical specs for the PlayStation 4 as it stands just now.
It will be powered by an x86 AMD APU featuring a CPU with 8 64-bit cores and a 1.84 teraflop next-gen Radeon GPU. It will be supported by 8GB of top-of-the-line GDDR5 RAM.
There will be a built-in hard drive as well as a 6x Blu-Ray Drive that will support DVDs as well. It will also use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard as well.
Finally the PS4 will sport Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Blutooth 2.1 (EDR). Outputs will be handled by HDMI, an analog-AV out and a Digital Optical output as well.
Sony did not that the specifications are subject to change but it is unlikely that the main core of these will change significantly between now and the console's launch this Christmas.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny