Specs released for the PS4
Sony has released the technical specs for the PlayStation 4 as it stands just now.
It will be powered by an x86 AMD APU featuring a CPU with 8 64-bit cores and a 1.84 teraflop next-gen Radeon GPU. It will be supported by 8GB of top-of-the-line GDDR5 RAM.
There will be a built-in hard drive as well as a 6x Blu-Ray Drive that will support DVDs as well. It will also use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard as well.
Finally the PS4 will sport Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Blutooth 2.1 (EDR). Outputs will be handled by HDMI, an analog-AV out and a Digital Optical output as well.
Sony did not that the specifications are subject to change but it is unlikely that the main core of these will change significantly between now and the console's launch this Christmas.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015