Sony paints an ambitious new vision for PlayStation Network
Gaikai boss David Perry has described an intensely ambitious future for PlayStation Network with the PS4 at its heart.
Using Gaikais streaming technology gamers will be able to instantly try games before they buy them on the PlayStation Store and instantly share what they like over social networks.
Sony is partnering with social networks like Facebook and Ustream to integrate PSN more deeply in PS4 users lives as well as merging streaming with social networking.
PS4 gamers will be able to watch their friends gaming exploits in real time, communicate across games and even jump in and help each other out when they are having trouble.
RemotePlay has been completely revamped for the PS4 with players allowing to jump almost seamlessly between playing on their PS4 and playing on their PS Vita.
Gaikai also have plans to bring a full back catalogue to PlayStation titles from the PSOne all the way forward to the PS3 and PlayStation mobile titles streamed and fully playable on any platform.
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way