Sony paints an ambitious new vision for PlayStation Network
Gaikai boss David Perry has described an intensely ambitious future for PlayStation Network with the PS4 at its heart.
Using Gaikais streaming technology gamers will be able to instantly try games before they buy them on the PlayStation Store and instantly share what they like over social networks.
Sony is partnering with social networks like Facebook and Ustream to integrate PSN more deeply in PS4 users lives as well as merging streaming with social networking.
PS4 gamers will be able to watch their friends gaming exploits in real time, communicate across games and even jump in and help each other out when they are having trouble.
RemotePlay has been completely revamped for the PS4 with players allowing to jump almost seamlessly between playing on their PS4 and playing on their PS Vita.
Gaikai also have plans to bring a full back catalogue to PlayStation titles from the PSOne all the way forward to the PS3 and PlayStation mobile titles streamed and fully playable on any platform.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too