Sony cuts the price of the PS Vita in Japan
Sony has announced that they will be cutting the price of the PS vita in Japan at the end of the month.
They are preparing to drop the price of the both the Wi-Fi model and the 3G model to 19,980 YEN which is around 139 GBP from the 28th of February. With the Japanese price drop coming so soon a Western price drop is surely not far behind.
It is worth noting that up until now the Vita has rarely sold more than 10,000 units in a week with the odd spike for releases like Persona 4: Golden.
The Vita does have a few big releases in the coming months including Phantasy Star Online 2 which offers cross-platform compatibility with the PC, Kenji Inafune's Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts and hopefully these combined with the new lower price will help get the Vita moving in Japan.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015