Sony cuts the price of the PS Vita in Japan
Sony has announced that they will be cutting the price of the PS vita in Japan at the end of the month.
They are preparing to drop the price of the both the Wi-Fi model and the 3G model to 19,980 YEN which is around 139 GBP from the 28th of February. With the Japanese price drop coming so soon a Western price drop is surely not far behind.
It is worth noting that up until now the Vita has rarely sold more than 10,000 units in a week with the odd spike for releases like Persona 4: Golden.
The Vita does have a few big releases in the coming months including Phantasy Star Online 2 which offers cross-platform compatibility with the PC, Kenji Inafune's Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts and hopefully these combined with the new lower price will help get the Vita moving in Japan.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year