Sony cuts the price of the PS Vita in Japan
Sony has announced that they will be cutting the price of the PS vita in Japan at the end of the month.
They are preparing to drop the price of the both the Wi-Fi model and the 3G model to 19,980 YEN which is around 139 GBP from the 28th of February. With the Japanese price drop coming so soon a Western price drop is surely not far behind.
It is worth noting that up until now the Vita has rarely sold more than 10,000 units in a week with the odd spike for releases like Persona 4: Golden.
The Vita does have a few big releases in the coming months including Phantasy Star Online 2 which offers cross-platform compatibility with the PC, Kenji Inafune's Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts and hopefully these combined with the new lower price will help get the Vita moving in Japan.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update