Sony cuts the price of the PS Vita in Japan
Sony has announced that they will be cutting the price of the PS vita in Japan at the end of the month.
They are preparing to drop the price of the both the Wi-Fi model and the 3G model to 19,980 YEN which is around 139 GBP from the 28th of February. With the Japanese price drop coming so soon a Western price drop is surely not far behind.
It is worth noting that up until now the Vita has rarely sold more than 10,000 units in a week with the odd spike for releases like Persona 4: Golden.
The Vita does have a few big releases in the coming months including Phantasy Star Online 2 which offers cross-platform compatibility with the PC, Kenji Inafune's Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts and hopefully these combined with the new lower price will help get the Vita moving in Japan.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today