Sony cuts the price of the PS Vita in Japan
Sony has announced that they will be cutting the price of the PS vita in Japan at the end of the month.
They are preparing to drop the price of the both the Wi-Fi model and the 3G model to 19,980 YEN which is around 139 GBP from the 28th of February. With the Japanese price drop coming so soon a Western price drop is surely not far behind.
It is worth noting that up until now the Vita has rarely sold more than 10,000 units in a week with the odd spike for releases like Persona 4: Golden.
The Vita does have a few big releases in the coming months including Phantasy Star Online 2 which offers cross-platform compatibility with the PC, Kenji Inafune's Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts and hopefully these combined with the new lower price will help get the Vita moving in Japan.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO