John Romero checks in at Square Enix San Francisco on Facebook
That's right. We're reporting on John Romero's Facebook statuses, or one in particular.
Normally, Facebook check-ins are not big news but this particular one has DOOM co-creator John Romero checking in at Square Enix's San Francisco offices and talking about making a deal.
Romero of course is famous for founding id Software with Tom Hall and John Carmack and giving birth to the FPS genre with Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM and Quake but now he plies his trade making social games at Loot Drop, the studio he founded with his new wife Brenda Romero (or Brenda Brathwaite as he used to know her).
He has mused about getting back into more hardcore game development building a new FPS but any comments on what he would be working on with Square Enix would be pure speculation at this point. It is an interesting development though. Watch this space.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though