John Romero checks in at Square Enix San Francisco on Facebook
That's right. We're reporting on John Romero's Facebook statuses, or one in particular.
Normally, Facebook check-ins are not big news but this particular one has DOOM co-creator John Romero checking in at Square Enix's San Francisco offices and talking about making a deal.
Romero of course is famous for founding id Software with Tom Hall and John Carmack and giving birth to the FPS genre with Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM and Quake but now he plies his trade making social games at Loot Drop, the studio he founded with his new wife Brenda Romero (or Brenda Brathwaite as he used to know her).
He has mused about getting back into more hardcore game development building a new FPS but any comments on what he would be working on with Square Enix would be pure speculation at this point. It is an interesting development though. Watch this space.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3