John Romero checks in at Square Enix San Francisco on Facebook
That's right. We're reporting on John Romero's Facebook statuses, or one in particular.
Normally, Facebook check-ins are not big news but this particular one has DOOM co-creator John Romero checking in at Square Enix's San Francisco offices and talking about making a deal.
Romero of course is famous for founding id Software with Tom Hall and John Carmack and giving birth to the FPS genre with Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM and Quake but now he plies his trade making social games at Loot Drop, the studio he founded with his new wife Brenda Romero (or Brenda Brathwaite as he used to know her).
He has mused about getting back into more hardcore game development building a new FPS but any comments on what he would be working on with Square Enix would be pure speculation at this point. It is an interesting development though. Watch this space.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year