Fans invited to contribute artwork to the Metal Gear Canvas as part of the series' 25th anniversary
Konami has invited fans on the Metal Gear series to contribute artwork to a Metal Gear Canvas as part of their 25th anniversary celebrations for the series.
Using their purpose-build Digital Drawing Board on the Metal Gear Solid website fans can create their own artwork inspired by the Metal Gear series and even share their pieces over social networking sites as well as view and share other's contributions.
The board uses the same tools that series artist Yoji Shinakawa prefers to use including digital brushes, pens and pencils, rulers, masking tape and various inks. Budding artists can log in using Twitter or Facebook and create their own artwork, which will then be voted on by the community.
Each week running up until the 12th of May Konami will be running a different themed competition with Yoji Shinakawa picking the winners beginning with Raiden, then mechs and vehicles, Snake, female characters and finishing with male characters between April 29th and May 12th.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch