Fumito Ueda reminds fans The Last Guardian is still in development
Shadow Of The Colossus creator Fumito Ueda has popped up to remind gamers that his latest project, the perennially-delayed PS3 exclusive The Last Guardian is still in development.
Ueda-san has explained that while he has left Sony's Team ICO studio, he continues to work on The Last Guardian and be noted that fans should "keep an eye out for their official announcement."
"As some of you may have heard, I left Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio some time ago to pursue my creative passions. Nevertheless, I continue working on The Last Guardian as a freelance contributor. While it's been a long time coming, The Last Guardian remains under my creative supervision and is still in development by an incredibly talented team."
He added, "I should also mention that details regarding The Last Guardian's release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement."
The game was originally given a release date for 2012 after its initial reveal back in 2009 but significant technical setbacks caused numerous delays and Sony decided to keep the game under the radar for most of 2013.
With Sony believed to be announcing the PS4 next week could this mean that The Last Guardian has become a PS4 title? Hopefully some news will come at the Sony's event on the 20th. We'll be watching so we'll let you know as soon as we do.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015