Creative Assembly reveals the Arverni as the next playable faction in Total War: Rome II
The latest playable faction to be revealed for Total War: Rome II are the Arverni.
Anyone who's ever read Asterix comics should find the Arverni instantly recognisable as the Gauls. As well as being known for their fierce warriors in the form of the Spear Nobles and Oathsworn they also are also known for their skills gold-working.
They are more than a match for the Romans as having sacked Rome in 390 BC and laid waste to many of the Aegean kingdoms as early as 279 BC.
More information on the Arverni is available over on the Total War Wiki. Total War: Rome II is expected to be released on PC later this year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3