Creative Assembly reveals the Arverni as the next playable faction in Total War: Rome II
The latest playable faction to be revealed for Total War: Rome II are the Arverni.
Anyone who's ever read Asterix comics should find the Arverni instantly recognisable as the Gauls. As well as being known for their fierce warriors in the form of the Spear Nobles and Oathsworn they also are also known for their skills gold-working.
They are more than a match for the Romans as having sacked Rome in 390 BC and laid waste to many of the Aegean kingdoms as early as 279 BC.
More information on the Arverni is available over on the Total War Wiki. Total War: Rome II is expected to be released on PC later this year.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title