Creative Assembly reveals the Arverni as the next playable faction in Total War: Rome II
The latest playable faction to be revealed for Total War: Rome II are the Arverni.
Anyone who's ever read Asterix comics should find the Arverni instantly recognisable as the Gauls. As well as being known for their fierce warriors in the form of the Spear Nobles and Oathsworn they also are also known for their skills gold-working.
They are more than a match for the Romans as having sacked Rome in 390 BC and laid waste to many of the Aegean kingdoms as early as 279 BC.
More information on the Arverni is available over on the Total War Wiki. Total War: Rome II is expected to be released on PC later this year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto