Creative Assembly reveals the Arverni as the next playable faction in Total War: Rome II
The latest playable faction to be revealed for Total War: Rome II are the Arverni.
Anyone who's ever read Asterix comics should find the Arverni instantly recognisable as the Gauls. As well as being known for their fierce warriors in the form of the Spear Nobles and Oathsworn they also are also known for their skills gold-working.
They are more than a match for the Romans as having sacked Rome in 390 BC and laid waste to many of the Aegean kingdoms as early as 279 BC.
More information on the Arverni is available over on the Total War Wiki. Total War: Rome II is expected to be released on PC later this year.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side