Obsidian prepping to pitch another Star Wars game to Disney
Obsidian, the guys behind Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II have revealed that they are getting ready to pitch an new Star Wars game to Disney.
With Disney preparing to make more Star Wars films Obsidian seem to think that this is the ideal time to pitch an new idea for a game in the series.
Feargus Urquart, boss of Obsidian began, "I would say it's within the top three pitches we've ever come up with. There's a lot of different eras in Star Wars, and that's what we would focus on."
They have pitched before for a game set in between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Urquart elaborated, "We pitched a between-Episode III and Episode IV game [to LucasArts] because we think that timeframe is super interesting."
He went on, "It's the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, its Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game. We also latched onto it because it has elements people remember, but not the stories. It can just completely not involve [the movies]. It can tease them, but nothing else."
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year