Obsidian prepping to pitch another Star Wars game to Disney
Obsidian, the guys behind Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II have revealed that they are getting ready to pitch an new Star Wars game to Disney.
With Disney preparing to make more Star Wars films Obsidian seem to think that this is the ideal time to pitch an new idea for a game in the series.
Feargus Urquart, boss of Obsidian began, "I would say it's within the top three pitches we've ever come up with. There's a lot of different eras in Star Wars, and that's what we would focus on."
They have pitched before for a game set in between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Urquart elaborated, "We pitched a between-Episode III and Episode IV game [to LucasArts] because we think that timeframe is super interesting."
He went on, "It's the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, its Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game. We also latched onto it because it has elements people remember, but not the stories. It can just completely not involve [the movies]. It can tease them, but nothing else."
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed