Obsidian prepping to pitch another Star Wars game to Disney
Obsidian, the guys behind Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II have revealed that they are getting ready to pitch an new Star Wars game to Disney.
With Disney preparing to make more Star Wars films Obsidian seem to think that this is the ideal time to pitch an new idea for a game in the series.
Feargus Urquart, boss of Obsidian began, "I would say it's within the top three pitches we've ever come up with. There's a lot of different eras in Star Wars, and that's what we would focus on."
They have pitched before for a game set in between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Urquart elaborated, "We pitched a between-Episode III and Episode IV game [to LucasArts] because we think that timeframe is super interesting."
He went on, "It's the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, its Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game. We also latched onto it because it has elements people remember, but not the stories. It can just completely not involve [the movies]. It can tease them, but nothing else."
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone