Obsidian prepping to pitch another Star Wars game to Disney
Obsidian, the guys behind Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II have revealed that they are getting ready to pitch an new Star Wars game to Disney.
With Disney preparing to make more Star Wars films Obsidian seem to think that this is the ideal time to pitch an new idea for a game in the series.
Feargus Urquart, boss of Obsidian began, "I would say it's within the top three pitches we've ever come up with. There's a lot of different eras in Star Wars, and that's what we would focus on."
They have pitched before for a game set in between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Urquart elaborated, "We pitched a between-Episode III and Episode IV game [to LucasArts] because we think that timeframe is super interesting."
He went on, "It's the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, its Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game. We also latched onto it because it has elements people remember, but not the stories. It can just completely not involve [the movies]. It can tease them, but nothing else."
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year