Grand Theft Auto V a showpiece for the UK games industry says TIGA
Trade association for the UK games industry TIGA is extremely excited about Grand Theft Auto V because of what it can do for the British games industry.
TIGA believes that the latest entry in the Edinburgh-developed powerhouse franchise will shine a spotlight on the kind of talent that exists in the UK games industry and help to kindle a renaissance after the slew of high profile closures in recent years.
Another fortunate side-effect of the release of GTA V will be a demonstration of the kind of money that a thriving games industry could inject into the UK economy highlighting the importance of getting the UK's tax relief policy just right.
TIGA CEO Dr Richard Wilson said, "GTA5 is one of those titles that gets everyone very excited and shines a light on the UK video games industry. It shows the world that the UK has the creativity and talent to make great games. It shows the economic potential of the game development sector. It generates interest in the achievement and potential of other studios throughout the UK."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer