Grand Theft Auto V a showpiece for the UK games industry says TIGA
Trade association for the UK games industry TIGA is extremely excited about Grand Theft Auto V because of what it can do for the British games industry.
TIGA believes that the latest entry in the Edinburgh-developed powerhouse franchise will shine a spotlight on the kind of talent that exists in the UK games industry and help to kindle a renaissance after the slew of high profile closures in recent years.
Another fortunate side-effect of the release of GTA V will be a demonstration of the kind of money that a thriving games industry could inject into the UK economy highlighting the importance of getting the UK's tax relief policy just right.
TIGA CEO Dr Richard Wilson said, "GTA5 is one of those titles that gets everyone very excited and shines a light on the UK video games industry. It shows the world that the UK has the creativity and talent to make great games. It shows the economic potential of the game development sector. It generates interest in the achievement and potential of other studios throughout the UK."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent