Grand Theft Auto V a showpiece for the UK games industry says TIGA
Trade association for the UK games industry TIGA is extremely excited about Grand Theft Auto V because of what it can do for the British games industry.
TIGA believes that the latest entry in the Edinburgh-developed powerhouse franchise will shine a spotlight on the kind of talent that exists in the UK games industry and help to kindle a renaissance after the slew of high profile closures in recent years.
Another fortunate side-effect of the release of GTA V will be a demonstration of the kind of money that a thriving games industry could inject into the UK economy highlighting the importance of getting the UK's tax relief policy just right.
TIGA CEO Dr Richard Wilson said, "GTA5 is one of those titles that gets everyone very excited and shines a light on the UK video games industry. It shows the world that the UK has the creativity and talent to make great games. It shows the economic potential of the game development sector. It generates interest in the achievement and potential of other studios throughout the UK."
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World