No conspiracy in the GTA V delay says Rockstar
Rockstar has emphatically stated that there are no conspiracies surrounding the delay of the release of Grand Theft Auto V.
There have been suggestions that GTA V was delayed to give BioShock Infinite (published by Rockstar's Take-Two stablemate 2K Games) plenty of breathing room on its release at the end of March. In fact after the release date was announced the Rockstar website was hit with over 9000 negative comments including the BioShock allegations.
Rockstar has addressed these in a statement explaining that the delay is for polish, nothing more. They stated, "We understand many of you guys are disappointed with this news. Unfortunately sometimes such delays are necessary in all forms of entertainment, and especially in the case of a game experience as massive and complex as GTA V."
They continued, "However this does not give you free reign to be abusive in comments. The general rules of common courtesy, decency and behaviour as listed above the Comment Box still apply here, therefore anyone continuing to post abusive comments will have their privileges suspended. Also: To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that theyre all nonsense literally the only reason we've delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO