No conspiracy in the GTA V delay says Rockstar
Rockstar has emphatically stated that there are no conspiracies surrounding the delay of the release of Grand Theft Auto V.
There have been suggestions that GTA V was delayed to give BioShock Infinite (published by Rockstar's Take-Two stablemate 2K Games) plenty of breathing room on its release at the end of March. In fact after the release date was announced the Rockstar website was hit with over 9000 negative comments including the BioShock allegations.
Rockstar has addressed these in a statement explaining that the delay is for polish, nothing more. They stated, "We understand many of you guys are disappointed with this news. Unfortunately sometimes such delays are necessary in all forms of entertainment, and especially in the case of a game experience as massive and complex as GTA V."
They continued, "However this does not give you free reign to be abusive in comments. The general rules of common courtesy, decency and behaviour as listed above the Comment Box still apply here, therefore anyone continuing to post abusive comments will have their privileges suspended. Also: To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that theyre all nonsense literally the only reason we've delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year