Madden NFL series to celebrate its 25th anniversary this year
EA has announced that their long-running Madden NFL series will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
In the honour of reaching such an auspicious milestone EA Sports have dropped the year from the name in favour of calling this year's release Madden NFL 25.
Since John Madden Football was released way back in 1988, the series has sold 99 million units which equates to around 37 million USD in revenue for EA. With this year's release the series is expected to break the 100 million unit mark joining Need For Speed, FIFA and The Sims as the only other series in EA's fold to break 100 million.
Madden NFL 25 will be out on August the 27th.
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergame
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest