Madden NFL series to celebrate its 25th anniversary this year
EA has announced that their long-running Madden NFL series will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
In the honour of reaching such an auspicious milestone EA Sports have dropped the year from the name in favour of calling this year's release Madden NFL 25.
Since John Madden Football was released way back in 1988, the series has sold 99 million units which equates to around 37 million USD in revenue for EA. With this year's release the series is expected to break the 100 million unit mark joining Need For Speed, FIFA and The Sims as the only other series in EA's fold to break 100 million.
Madden NFL 25 will be out on August the 27th.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold