Madden NFL series to celebrate its 25th anniversary this year
EA has announced that their long-running Madden NFL series will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
In the honour of reaching such an auspicious milestone EA Sports have dropped the year from the name in favour of calling this year's release Madden NFL 25.
Since John Madden Football was released way back in 1988, the series has sold 99 million units which equates to around 37 million USD in revenue for EA. With this year's release the series is expected to break the 100 million unit mark joining Need For Speed, FIFA and The Sims as the only other series in EA's fold to break 100 million.
Madden NFL 25 will be out on August the 27th.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title