Madden NFL series to celebrate its 25th anniversary this year
EA has announced that their long-running Madden NFL series will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
In the honour of reaching such an auspicious milestone EA Sports have dropped the year from the name in favour of calling this year's release Madden NFL 25.
Since John Madden Football was released way back in 1988, the series has sold 99 million units which equates to around 37 million USD in revenue for EA. With this year's release the series is expected to break the 100 million unit mark joining Need For Speed, FIFA and The Sims as the only other series in EA's fold to break 100 million.
Madden NFL 25 will be out on August the 27th.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent