Madden NFL series to celebrate its 25th anniversary this year
EA has announced that their long-running Madden NFL series will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
In the honour of reaching such an auspicious milestone EA Sports have dropped the year from the name in favour of calling this year's release Madden NFL 25.
Since John Madden Football was released way back in 1988, the series has sold 99 million units which equates to around 37 million USD in revenue for EA. With this year's release the series is expected to break the 100 million unit mark joining Need For Speed, FIFA and The Sims as the only other series in EA's fold to break 100 million.
Madden NFL 25 will be out on August the 27th.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America