Medal Of Honor series shelved by EA
EA has decided to shelve the Medal Of Honor series again in favour of DICE's Battlefield series.
The decision has been taken after Medal Of Honor: Warfighter was almost universally panned by the critics. Given that Battlefield 3 fared significantly better EA has chosen to go for annual releases in that series instead, for now at least.
EA COO Peter Moore explained, "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."
Battlefield 4 is expected to be released some time in 2013 after EA bundled beta access codes in with Medal Of Honor: Warfighter.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title