Medal Of Honor series shelved by EA
EA has decided to shelve the Medal Of Honor series again in favour of DICE's Battlefield series.
The decision has been taken after Medal Of Honor: Warfighter was almost universally panned by the critics. Given that Battlefield 3 fared significantly better EA has chosen to go for annual releases in that series instead, for now at least.
EA COO Peter Moore explained, "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."
Battlefield 4 is expected to be released some time in 2013 after EA bundled beta access codes in with Medal Of Honor: Warfighter.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave