Medal Of Honor series shelved by EA
EA has decided to shelve the Medal Of Honor series again in favour of DICE's Battlefield series.
The decision has been taken after Medal Of Honor: Warfighter was almost universally panned by the critics. Given that Battlefield 3 fared significantly better EA has chosen to go for annual releases in that series instead, for now at least.
EA COO Peter Moore explained, "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."
Battlefield 4 is expected to be released some time in 2013 after EA bundled beta access codes in with Medal Of Honor: Warfighter.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One