Medal Of Honor series shelved by EA
EA has decided to shelve the Medal Of Honor series again in favour of DICE's Battlefield series.
The decision has been taken after Medal Of Honor: Warfighter was almost universally panned by the critics. Given that Battlefield 3 fared significantly better EA has chosen to go for annual releases in that series instead, for now at least.
EA COO Peter Moore explained, "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."
Battlefield 4 is expected to be released some time in 2013 after EA bundled beta access codes in with Medal Of Honor: Warfighter.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3