Defiance to launch in April ahead of the TV show
Trion Worlds has announced an official launch date for their ambitious online open-world shooter, Defiance.
Defiance is a very ambitious project that ties in the open world online game with a television show produced by the SyFy Channel. The game will launch a couple of weeks earlier than the show to give players a chance to get to know the world before the TV show arrives.
Nathan Richardson executive producer on the game said, "In terms of ambition and scope, Defiance's transmedia features make it unlike any other entertainment experience. After five years of development, it brings great pride to the Trion and Syfy teams seeing Defiance come to fruition."
Defiance will launch on April the 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC with the TV show debuting on April the 15th on SyFy. A trailer is available over on the game's official Youtube channel.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side