Defiance to launch in April ahead of the TV show
Trion Worlds has announced an official launch date for their ambitious online open-world shooter, Defiance.
Defiance is a very ambitious project that ties in the open world online game with a television show produced by the SyFy Channel. The game will launch a couple of weeks earlier than the show to give players a chance to get to know the world before the TV show arrives.
Nathan Richardson executive producer on the game said, "In terms of ambition and scope, Defiance's transmedia features make it unlike any other entertainment experience. After five years of development, it brings great pride to the Trion and Syfy teams seeing Defiance come to fruition."
Defiance will launch on April the 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC with the TV show debuting on April the 15th on SyFy. A trailer is available over on the game's official Youtube channel.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One