Defiance to launch in April ahead of the TV show
Trion Worlds has announced an official launch date for their ambitious online open-world shooter, Defiance.
Defiance is a very ambitious project that ties in the open world online game with a television show produced by the SyFy Channel. The game will launch a couple of weeks earlier than the show to give players a chance to get to know the world before the TV show arrives.
Nathan Richardson executive producer on the game said, "In terms of ambition and scope, Defiance's transmedia features make it unlike any other entertainment experience. After five years of development, it brings great pride to the Trion and Syfy teams seeing Defiance come to fruition."
Defiance will launch on April the 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC with the TV show debuting on April the 15th on SyFy. A trailer is available over on the game's official Youtube channel.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter