Defiance to launch in April ahead of the TV show
Trion Worlds has announced an official launch date for their ambitious online open-world shooter, Defiance.
Defiance is a very ambitious project that ties in the open world online game with a television show produced by the SyFy Channel. The game will launch a couple of weeks earlier than the show to give players a chance to get to know the world before the TV show arrives.
Nathan Richardson executive producer on the game said, "In terms of ambition and scope, Defiance's transmedia features make it unlike any other entertainment experience. After five years of development, it brings great pride to the Trion and Syfy teams seeing Defiance come to fruition."
Defiance will launch on April the 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC with the TV show debuting on April the 15th on SyFy. A trailer is available over on the game's official Youtube channel.
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced
- Touring Car Legends DLC arrives for Grid: Autosport
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October