Defiance to launch in April ahead of the TV show
Trion Worlds has announced an official launch date for their ambitious online open-world shooter, Defiance.
Defiance is a very ambitious project that ties in the open world online game with a television show produced by the SyFy Channel. The game will launch a couple of weeks earlier than the show to give players a chance to get to know the world before the TV show arrives.
Nathan Richardson executive producer on the game said, "In terms of ambition and scope, Defiance's transmedia features make it unlike any other entertainment experience. After five years of development, it brings great pride to the Trion and Syfy teams seeing Defiance come to fruition."
Defiance will launch on April the 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC with the TV show debuting on April the 15th on SyFy. A trailer is available over on the game's official Youtube channel.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer