Former Vigil team hired by Crytek to form a US studio
Crytek has pounced on the former developers at Vigil Games and hired a large number of them to form a new studio.
Crytek USA will be formed from the 36 core members of Vigil Games' team in the wake of the studio not finding a buyer in the THQ asset sale.
Vigil GM David Adams will head up the new studio and said, "I'm thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio's launch represents Crytek's commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere."
While Crytek has given the Vigil staff a new home they will not be adopting their former studio's Darksiders IP.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching