Former Vigil team hired by Crytek to form a US studio
Crytek has pounced on the former developers at Vigil Games and hired a large number of them to form a new studio.
Crytek USA will be formed from the 36 core members of Vigil Games' team in the wake of the studio not finding a buyer in the THQ asset sale.
Vigil GM David Adams will head up the new studio and said, "I'm thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio's launch represents Crytek's commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere."
While Crytek has given the Vigil staff a new home they will not be adopting their former studio's Darksiders IP.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side