Former Vigil team hired by Crytek to form a US studio
Crytek has pounced on the former developers at Vigil Games and hired a large number of them to form a new studio.
Crytek USA will be formed from the 36 core members of Vigil Games' team in the wake of the studio not finding a buyer in the THQ asset sale.
Vigil GM David Adams will head up the new studio and said, "I'm thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio's launch represents Crytek's commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere."
While Crytek has given the Vigil staff a new home they will not be adopting their former studio's Darksiders IP.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO