Former Vigil team hired by Crytek to form a US studio
Crytek has pounced on the former developers at Vigil Games and hired a large number of them to form a new studio.
Crytek USA will be formed from the 36 core members of Vigil Games' team in the wake of the studio not finding a buyer in the THQ asset sale.
Vigil GM David Adams will head up the new studio and said, "I'm thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio's launch represents Crytek's commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere."
While Crytek has given the Vigil staff a new home they will not be adopting their former studio's Darksiders IP.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny