SEGA excited by the Relic Entertainment acquisition
SEGA is exceptionally happy with their purchase of THQ's real-time strategy experts Relic Entertainment.
Along with their acquisition of the studio, SEGA has also secured their main IPs, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War and Company Of Heroes. With such successful series Relic sits very comfortably alongside the work of their new stablemate Creative Assembly.
SEGA Europe COO Jurgen Post said, "We are incredibly excited to welcome Relic Entertainment into the Sega family. They are a highly respected development studio, with Company of Heroes and the Warhammer series both testament to the pedigree of their games. This acquisition is a strong strategic fit for us and completely in line with our focus on developing new and existing content."
Relic Entertainment is currently very close to completing their latest title Company Of Heroes 2.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year