SEGA excited by the Relic Entertainment acquisition
SEGA is exceptionally happy with their purchase of THQ's real-time strategy experts Relic Entertainment.
Along with their acquisition of the studio, SEGA has also secured their main IPs, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War and Company Of Heroes. With such successful series Relic sits very comfortably alongside the work of their new stablemate Creative Assembly.
SEGA Europe COO Jurgen Post said, "We are incredibly excited to welcome Relic Entertainment into the Sega family. They are a highly respected development studio, with Company of Heroes and the Warhammer series both testament to the pedigree of their games. This acquisition is a strong strategic fit for us and completely in line with our focus on developing new and existing content."
Relic Entertainment is currently very close to completing their latest title Company Of Heroes 2.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi