SEGA excited by the Relic Entertainment acquisition
SEGA is exceptionally happy with their purchase of THQ's real-time strategy experts Relic Entertainment.
Along with their acquisition of the studio, SEGA has also secured their main IPs, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War and Company Of Heroes. With such successful series Relic sits very comfortably alongside the work of their new stablemate Creative Assembly.
SEGA Europe COO Jurgen Post said, "We are incredibly excited to welcome Relic Entertainment into the Sega family. They are a highly respected development studio, with Company of Heroes and the Warhammer series both testament to the pedigree of their games. This acquisition is a strong strategic fit for us and completely in line with our focus on developing new and existing content."
Relic Entertainment is currently very close to completing their latest title Company Of Heroes 2.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer