SEGA excited by the Relic Entertainment acquisition
SEGA is exceptionally happy with their purchase of THQ's real-time strategy experts Relic Entertainment.
Along with their acquisition of the studio, SEGA has also secured their main IPs, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War and Company Of Heroes. With such successful series Relic sits very comfortably alongside the work of their new stablemate Creative Assembly.
SEGA Europe COO Jurgen Post said, "We are incredibly excited to welcome Relic Entertainment into the Sega family. They are a highly respected development studio, with Company of Heroes and the Warhammer series both testament to the pedigree of their games. This acquisition is a strong strategic fit for us and completely in line with our focus on developing new and existing content."
Relic Entertainment is currently very close to completing their latest title Company Of Heroes 2.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title