SEGA excited by the Relic Entertainment acquisition
SEGA is exceptionally happy with their purchase of THQ's real-time strategy experts Relic Entertainment.
Along with their acquisition of the studio, SEGA has also secured their main IPs, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War and Company Of Heroes. With such successful series Relic sits very comfortably alongside the work of their new stablemate Creative Assembly.
SEGA Europe COO Jurgen Post said, "We are incredibly excited to welcome Relic Entertainment into the Sega family. They are a highly respected development studio, with Company of Heroes and the Warhammer series both testament to the pedigree of their games. This acquisition is a strong strategic fit for us and completely in line with our focus on developing new and existing content."
Relic Entertainment is currently very close to completing their latest title Company Of Heroes 2.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine