Sony: Why release the PS4 first?
Sony boss Kaz Hirai has been talking about release strategies for new consoles and has indicated that Sony aren't worried if Microsoft release their new console first.
Kaz Hirai has suggested that being the first to release new hardware doesn't always give and advantage and it could leave competitors a window to create something better.
He stated, "Why go first when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"
While it isn't a confirmation of much it does add fuel to the rumours that Sony's new console will not release before Microsoft's.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like