Sony: Why release the PS4 first?
Sony boss Kaz Hirai has been talking about release strategies for new consoles and has indicated that Sony aren't worried if Microsoft release their new console first.
Kaz Hirai has suggested that being the first to release new hardware doesn't always give and advantage and it could leave competitors a window to create something better.
He stated, "Why go first when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"
While it isn't a confirmation of much it does add fuel to the rumours that Sony's new console will not release before Microsoft's.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3