Maxis details SimCity beta test
Maxis announced details for their upcoming beta test of SimCity.
The beta begins on January the 25th and will give eager fans the chance to experience around one hour of gameplay from the finished game while allowing Maxis to fine-tune the game's online features ahead of release.
Maxis GM Lucy Bradshaw explains, "It is always an exciting moment to share a game that is still in development with its biggest fans prior to launch. This beta will help the team improve the live service aspects of SimCity to ensure a smooth and user-friendly experience at launch. I want to thank everyone for signing up - we are excited to share one of our most beloved franchises with our fans."
Beta applications close on January the 21st so hurry up if you want to sign up. SimCity will arrive on PC and Mac on March the 8th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer