CD Projekt Red releases a teaser video for their new project Cyberpunk 2077
The Polish studio behind The Witcher series has released a teaser video giving some insight into their latest project Cyberpunk 2077.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a new RPG based on the pen and paper Cyberpunk game created by Mike Pondsmith and the video shows him speaking about the ethos behind the project along with some of the first snippets of game footage.
Adam Badowski, studio head at CD Projekt Red said, "Working with Mike Pondsmith is a great experience for the studio. Many of the people behind Cyberpunk 2077 have played his game, and having his support is very important for us. It's good to know what inspired him and what influenced his vision of the world. Our experience in video game storytelling and the technology, capable of building open-world games, combined with Mike's vision will result in one of the most kick-ass futuristic RPGs."
They have also posted a teaser trailer for the game which contains a hidden message within one frame of the video.
Badowski elaborates, "As you may know, Cyberpunk 2077 isn't the only title we are working on. Those of you who watched the teaser trailer carefully know that something big is coming on the 5th of February. Everything will be clearer on that day. Right now I can only say that, for the first time in the history of our studio, it will be a fully open-world game (just like Cyberpunk will be). We also remember our games' trademark engrossing and non-linear storytelling. In the studio, the strong bond of these two elements - an open world and a captivating tale - is what everyone is trying to achieve. Both Cyberpunk 2077 and the second game draw upon these two pillars to bring our vision of a perfect RPG to life."
More details on the backstory of Cyberpunk 2077 are available in this CD Projekt Red newsletter.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date