Warface closed beta starts today
Today marks the beginning of closed beta testing for Crytek's CryEngine 3-powered free-to-play FPS Warface for Europe and North America.
With Warface Crytek bring their trademark visuals and fast-paced FPS gameplay from Crysis to the PC free-to-play market. Warface has already seen success in Russia and the Far East and now Western gamers are close to getting a taste of the action too.
Crytek's Dirk Metzger said, "Trion Worlds and Crytek have been working closely to bring Warface to Western players looking for a first-person shooter with striking graphical detail and unsurpassed gameplay - for free. We look forward to making the experience even more engaging as waves of pre-registered players are invited to join the Closed Beta and play their part in shaping Warface ahead of its final launch."
The closed beta goes live from 5 pm GMT today and will run until Warface goes fully live later in the spring. To sign up for the beta head over to the official Warface website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3