Warface closed beta starts today
Today marks the beginning of closed beta testing for Crytek's CryEngine 3-powered free-to-play FPS Warface for Europe and North America.
With Warface Crytek bring their trademark visuals and fast-paced FPS gameplay from Crysis to the PC free-to-play market. Warface has already seen success in Russia and the Far East and now Western gamers are close to getting a taste of the action too.
Crytek's Dirk Metzger said, "Trion Worlds and Crytek have been working closely to bring Warface to Western players looking for a first-person shooter with striking graphical detail and unsurpassed gameplay - for free. We look forward to making the experience even more engaging as waves of pre-registered players are invited to join the Closed Beta and play their part in shaping Warface ahead of its final launch."
The closed beta goes live from 5 pm GMT today and will run until Warface goes fully live later in the spring. To sign up for the beta head over to the official Warface website.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year