Nintendo merges its home and portable console hardware teams
Nintendo has taken the bold move of merging together their home console and portable console hardware teams.
The plan is to look into future hardware possibilities that will satisfy both DS and Wii/Wii U gamers.
The move comes as the Japanese games market feels the squeeze from tablets and smartphones as well as the possibilities brought forward by new PC hardware options like the Steam Box.
This news is a rare opportunity for gamers to see what may be coming, not from the next generation but the generation beyond as Nintendo begins to ponder what will follow the Wii U and 3DS.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer