Nintendo merges its home and portable console hardware teams
Nintendo has taken the bold move of merging together their home console and portable console hardware teams.
The plan is to look into future hardware possibilities that will satisfy both DS and Wii/Wii U gamers.
The move comes as the Japanese games market feels the squeeze from tablets and smartphones as well as the possibilities brought forward by new PC hardware options like the Steam Box.
This news is a rare opportunity for gamers to see what may be coming, not from the next generation but the generation beyond as Nintendo begins to ponder what will follow the Wii U and 3DS.
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront