Nintendo merges its home and portable console hardware teams
Nintendo has taken the bold move of merging together their home console and portable console hardware teams.
The plan is to look into future hardware possibilities that will satisfy both DS and Wii/Wii U gamers.
The move comes as the Japanese games market feels the squeeze from tablets and smartphones as well as the possibilities brought forward by new PC hardware options like the Steam Box.
This news is a rare opportunity for gamers to see what may be coming, not from the next generation but the generation beyond as Nintendo begins to ponder what will follow the Wii U and 3DS.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year