Nintendo merges its home and portable console hardware teams
Nintendo has taken the bold move of merging together their home console and portable console hardware teams.
The plan is to look into future hardware possibilities that will satisfy both DS and Wii/Wii U gamers.
The move comes as the Japanese games market feels the squeeze from tablets and smartphones as well as the possibilities brought forward by new PC hardware options like the Steam Box.
This news is a rare opportunity for gamers to see what may be coming, not from the next generation but the generation beyond as Nintendo begins to ponder what will follow the Wii U and 3DS.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny