Nintendo merges its home and portable console hardware teams
Nintendo has taken the bold move of merging together their home console and portable console hardware teams.
The plan is to look into future hardware possibilities that will satisfy both DS and Wii/Wii U gamers.
The move comes as the Japanese games market feels the squeeze from tablets and smartphones as well as the possibilities brought forward by new PC hardware options like the Steam Box.
This news is a rare opportunity for gamers to see what may be coming, not from the next generation but the generation beyond as Nintendo begins to ponder what will follow the Wii U and 3DS.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue