Irrational reveals the PC specs for BioShock Infinite
Irrational Games has announced the PC specifications required to run BioShock Infinite and they've emphasised that it is a DirectX 11 game.
For anyone rocking an older setup using Windows XP and DirectX 9 BioShock Infinite is a no go. Having said that, Irrational has promised that it will be fully scaleable to meet as wide a range of DX10 and DX11 machines as possible.
The minimum specs required are a either an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.7GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, at least a Radeon HD 3870, Nvidia 8800 GT or an Intel HD 3000 graphics processor with 512MB of VRAM all running at least Windows Vista SP2. It will also swallow up around 20GB of hard disc space.
They have also confirmed a fully flexible control system offering a completely customisable mouse and keyboard setup and several fully tweakable controlle5r configurations. Finally BioShock Infinite is a Steamworks game and features full Steam Cloud and Big Picture support as well. More information is available on the Irratiuonal Games blog.
BioShock Infinite is out on March the 26th on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan