Irrational reveals the PC specs for BioShock Infinite
Irrational Games has announced the PC specifications required to run BioShock Infinite and they've emphasised that it is a DirectX 11 game.
For anyone rocking an older setup using Windows XP and DirectX 9 BioShock Infinite is a no go. Having said that, Irrational has promised that it will be fully scaleable to meet as wide a range of DX10 and DX11 machines as possible.
The minimum specs required are a either an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.7GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, at least a Radeon HD 3870, Nvidia 8800 GT or an Intel HD 3000 graphics processor with 512MB of VRAM all running at least Windows Vista SP2. It will also swallow up around 20GB of hard disc space.
They have also confirmed a fully flexible control system offering a completely customisable mouse and keyboard setup and several fully tweakable controlle5r configurations. Finally BioShock Infinite is a Steamworks game and features full Steam Cloud and Big Picture support as well. More information is available on the Irratiuonal Games blog.
BioShock Infinite is out on March the 26th on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today