Homosexual relationships arrive in Star Wars: The Old Republic... on one planet... as paid DLC
BioWare has come good on their promise to bring homosexual relationships to Star Wars: The Old Republic but it's not quite what gamers had in mind.
Gay relationships are now possible in SWTOR but they are only available on the planet Makeb which itself is only available if players buy the Rise Of The Hutt Cartel expansion.
BioWare's reasons for the restrictions are that they had to create 40 romanceable gay characters and in their addition comes as part of the Rise Of The Hutt Cartel DLC because the game's based-code isn't particularly gay friendly.
The game's community has expressed its disappointment at the decision to push the gay-friendly elements of the game to Makeb. Hopefully this is something that they can remedy in the future.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer