Homosexual relationships arrive in Star Wars: The Old Republic... on one planet... as paid DLC
BioWare has come good on their promise to bring homosexual relationships to Star Wars: The Old Republic but it's not quite what gamers had in mind.
Gay relationships are now possible in SWTOR but they are only available on the planet Makeb which itself is only available if players buy the Rise Of The Hutt Cartel expansion.
BioWare's reasons for the restrictions are that they had to create 40 romanceable gay characters and in their addition comes as part of the Rise Of The Hutt Cartel DLC because the game's based-code isn't particularly gay friendly.
The game's community has expressed its disappointment at the decision to push the gay-friendly elements of the game to Makeb. Hopefully this is something that they can remedy in the future.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One